Chapter 6

Two days later and they were still on the road. Rory's ears had stopped ringing and the adults were heavily stressed as they were on the journey to Fort Benning. One hundred and twenty five miles, Rory couldn't say that she was excited.

Shane and Rory were in the RV now, as they had to save every bit of gas they had. That meant that the vehicle was heavily cramped and Rory was very frustrated due to the small space, which is why Shane was letting her to clean some handguns.

"Is that yours?" Andrea asked Rory, gesturing to the gun in her hands.

"Mhm." Rory hummed, fully concentrated.

"What? How do you have that? Is it even legal?" Andrea questioned.

"You're forgetting my dads a cop." Rory stated bluntly, looking at the older woman who looked offended. Shane lightly elbowed his daughter with a small smirk.

"Looks complicated." Andrea commented, looking at the father-daughter duo.

"The trick is getting all these pieces back together the same way." Shane offered.

"Obviously." Rory snickered, receiving a glare off Andrea.

"I could clean yours." Shane offered. "Show you how?" Rory tuned out the conversation, she didn't care mutch for Andrea's story.

"Oh jeez." Dale sighed. "Oh no." The RV slowed to a halt as Rory finished putting her gun back together.

"Can I keep it on me?" Rory asked her dad quietly.

"Hell no." Shane laughed without humour as he took the gun away from his child. Rory huffing in defeat.

Daryl rode up to Dale's window on his motorcycle. "See a way through?" Daryl gestured something Rory couldn't quite see before riding back infront of the RV. Dale began driving again, following Daryl.

"Can we get through here?" Glenn murmured. Dale was about to reply but he got cut off by a loud clank at the front of the RV, smoke bleeding out of the hood. Dale stopped driving, again. He sighed before he got up and opened the door before stepping out. Rory following her dad who got out too.

"I said it. Didn't I say it?" Dale complained. "A thousand times. Dead in the water."

"Problem, Dale?" Shane asked as they made it to the front of the RV, the rest of the group crowding round.

"Just a small matter of being stuck in the middle of nowhere with no hope of..." Dale trailed off as he looked around to the hundreds of cars surrounding them. "Okay, that was dumb."

"If you can't find a radiator hose here..." Shane offered.

"There's a whole bunch of stuff we can find." Daryl stated.

"I can siphon more fuel from these cars for a start." T-dog vocalised as he made his way to the closest car.

"Maybe some water." Carol added. "Or food."

"This is a graveyard." Lori deadpanned, causing everyone to look at her. "I don't know how I feel about this."

"Come on y'all. Just look around." Shane began. "Gather what you can."

Rory looked around and decided to follow T-dog. He began siphoning gas from the cars and Rory paused for a moment.

"I did that once." She confessed. Both T-Dog and Daryl gave her a funny look. "I ended up getting it into my mouth, it was gross." T-dog laughed and Daryl snorted before going back to what they were doing.

Rory walked around a little bit more before she found an old, dirty jeep. She looked through the windows and didn't see any bodies inside. She tried the passenger door, but it didn't work, so she walked round and tried the drivers door. It opened with a click and she climbed inside.