Chapter Eleven

Small TW for brief sexual harrassment and attempted SA

"Raspberry! The baby's the size of a raspberry," Trevor announced from the bathroom as he was mid-shit. "...Raspbaby."

"Good one," you called out as you sat on the couch. You were reading a magazine article about the success and fall of Go Go Space Monkey while trying your best to tune out the echoing farts sounding from Trevor's porcelain throne.

"You and I," Trevor shouted, "we're basically the same."

"And how's that?"

"You're gonna be popping something big out of your front hole in seven months and I'm popping something big out of my back hole right now!" Trevor giggled at his own joke. "Can you get me some toilet paper?"

"Yep." You let out an exaggerated groan as you got off the couch and went to grab a roll of toilet paper from under the kitchen counter.

"I'm sorry for asking," Trevor said with a frown as you gave it to him.

"Why...?" you asked, confused as to why he would say such a thing.

"You've got a big load on your plate and it sounds like it's hard for you to get up," he muttered with the guilt of a child who'd gotten caught throwing rocks at a window.

"Huh? I groaned because I'm lazy, not because I've got a raspbaby inside of me." You gave him a pat on the head and rubbed his stubbly cheek fondly with your thumb. "Save all that worry for later once I'll actually need it."

"Okay," Trevor said hesitantly. You decided to head into the bed to continue reading the article. It wasn't like you had anything better to do, anyways.

Right after you opened the magazine, Trevor began to walk into the bedroom. "Out," you said while pointing at the door. "Wash your hands, then come over here."

Trevor mumbled something about one of Ron's theories on germs but did as you asked, coming back a moment later and lying down beside you. "Whatcha readin'?"

"Just some dumb article about Go Go Space Monkey," you answered with a shrug. You tilted the magazine so he could read along with you if he wanted.

"I remember that game," he said as he rested a hand on your stomach. "Do you want me to teach you how to play, Baby Philips?" You realized he wasn't talking to you anymore. Since he'd found out, he'd taken to having one-sided conversations with your abdomen. Besides talking, he'd give the baby 'backrubs' and sing to it, too.

"I don't even think it has the ability to hear," you reminded Trevor as he began to tap on your belly as if it were a fish tank.

"Maybe she can feel that positive energy Amanda never shuts up about," Trevor said defensively while glaring up at you. He gave your stomach a kiss and a pat, then sat back up.

"Don't bank on it being a she, I'm telling you," you told him. "What if it turns out to be a boy and you get all disappointed?"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," Trevor mumbled, giving you a fond look. "I love you."

"I love you, too," you said. You gave Trevor a tender kiss on the lips, wincing at the taste of cigarettes and alcohol. "If you love Baby Philips, too, you need to cut down on all the ciggies. It's not good for me to get secondhand smoke during pregnancy, and it's not good for the baby to inhale it once it's born."

"I'll work on it," Trevor sighed. "Ain't gonna be easy considering I've smoked since I was eighteen."

"I know," you sympathized, "but you've quit worse before successfully, you can do this, too."