Chapter Thirty

"I really wanna do this, but I don't want to leave him alone."

"Trust me, he'll be fine. Nothing for you to worry about except having a good time with me."

Trevor, Brad, and yourself were getting close to the De Santa residence. You and Trevor were about to go on a four-day camping trip together, and Amanda and Michael would be taking care of Brad. Every worst-case scenario of what could go wrong was going through your head.

"What if-"

"Hey." Trevor's voice was firm as you drove into the Rockford Hills area. "There's a 24/7 monitor, you can check in on him whenever you please, and you can call them whenever you want. Amanda's had kids before, and the old crone's jonesing for a baby fix, so let her have this so you and I can spend some time together. I love the kid, but it seems I- we- can't do anything around him."

"She's younger than you, so if she's an old crone, what does that make you?" Trevor said nothing, only rolled his eyes slightly, as you continued to worry. "What if he's left to cry it out or something? What if he misses me?" You used the rearview mirror to glance in the backseat at Brad's carrier and the mound of baby stuff beside him.

"That's beside the point, though. All of that is. You could both do with some time apart. He's always all over you, and if he wasn't a three-month-old infant, I'd probably be jealous." Trevor wagged his eyebrows, trying to convey it was a joke, but it flew over your head.

"Oh, God, he's three months old now," you cried out wistfully. "How is he growing so fast?"

"If you want a baby again, I can always shoot one into you this weekend-" Trevor began.

"No!" you interrupted. "No more. I'm not doing this again."

"We'll see,' Trevor hummed.

"No." Your voice was firm as you parked the car in the driveway. Your stomach turned nervously as you got out of the car and took the carrier out. Brad innocently smiled up at you, making you feel even guiltier that you were about to up and leave him for half a week. "Make sure you leave the pump in the car, I'll need it while we're out there."

"Of course, of course. Everything else is for here, though, right?" he asked.

"Yep." The front door was open, so you simply walked into the big house. Amanda was sitting at the dinner table sipping on a kale shake.

"Hey!" she greeted. 'I've got the spare bedroom all set up with the crib and monitors."

"Alright." You rubbed your thumb back and forth against the carrier, anxious at the prospect of leaving him for such a long time. "You hear that, Trevor?"

"Yep. I'm heading up and dropping it off, then coming back down to say my farewell to Brad," he called out as he stomped up the stairs.

"Is it okay if I take him out right now?" you asked Amanda.

"He's your kid, why are you asking me? Of course it's fine, he'll be staying down here with me for awhile, anyways," she said with a smile.

You nodded your head, set the carrier down on the seat across from her, and pulled Brad out. He grabbed your neck and wrapped his arms around you so he could pull your hair from the root as you let Amanda know about his daily life. "He wakes up at 9:00 every day, eats at 10:00, goes down for a nap at 11:30, eats at 2:00, goes down for a nap again at 4:30, eats again at 7:00, takes a bath at 8:00, but the bath is only every other night starting tomorrow night, then eats at 8:30, then goes to bed for the night, but usually he'll wake up two or three times just wanting to eat or cuddle."

She stared at you blankly as you relayed the information. "Uh, you have all that written down, right...?"

"Yes. It's with his stuff, and I'll text it to you, too, once I'm in the car in case you lose it. That hurts, Brad." You pulled him away from you so he could stop trying to pluck your hair and smiled at him, then started cradling him in your arms.