"Ah, there you are! " Kirishima called as soon as he saw his friend. "I was about to look for you. " He laughed. "Something happened? " Asked seeing her depressed face.

Takao shook herself quickly and looked at boy.

"No, it's okay. " She smiled pleasantly.

"You did great at the fights! "He said. "You were able to keep up with Iida's attacks!" Said happily, but she didn't say anything to him, just nodded and smiled. "Do you know who you will fight now? "

"With me. " Bakugou interjected and looked directly at Rachel.

"I'll do my best! " Girl assured him.

"Just don't finish her off." Kirishima shook his head.

"Hey! " Takao nudged her friend. "I can deal with him. " She said and looked significantly at Katsuki, who just snorted seeing her expression.

"I'll squash you like a little worm. " He said dryly.

"Like a spooku fairy. " She corrected him amused.

After another minutes, it was time for Takao to fight Bakugou.

Her father told her to lose the fight, which meant he was watching her movements closely and if she did something wrong, she will regret it.

As soon as start was announced, Katsuki immediately attacked and triggered an explosion right next to the slightly distracted teenager. Rachel fell to the ground and rolled on top of her. She didn't have time to get up, and then Bakugou made another move.

"Ah, and I told him to be softer." Kirishima shook his head seeing their fight.

Takao coughed then looked at blond man standing in front of her.

"What is it? " He growled. "You were supposed to do your best. " Boy summoned the first flashes of fire to his hand. "Fight. "

Fark-haired girl got to her feet and looked at the opponent. As she expected, now will be harder to win. She couldn't make any sudden movements. She wanted to use a different ability for a moment, but had to remember. Nobody can discover the truth.

After a while Katsuki attacked her again, Rachel shielded herself from the blow, but another explosion knocked her back a few meters. In a moment girl will fall out of line. Teenager quickly thought what she should do now, then waved her hand and conjured up the first thing that came to her mind and then materialized it. She didn't know where the anchor was coming from, but the thing was that the trick worked, because under its weight, dark-haired girl was pulled back to the ground and she didn't cross the white line, which meant she could still fight.

Since she cannot use any other ability, she'll at least focus on the fighting techniques learned from her childhood.

Rachel got to her feet and slowly walked towards Bakugou and began to circle him. In front of girl, as well as behind her, copies of her characters appeared, which confused blond boy a bit, but not for long. Katsuki caused a large explosion and all copies were destroyed. Rachel took advantage of this to hide in the smoke left over from the blast and attacked the Bakugou from above. Man dodged at the last moment.

Katsuki folded his hand and attacked her with a series of small blasts, but she shielded herself with a conjured shield and then deflected the attack herself and attacked the opponent in a similar way. Immediately after that, woman ran up to blond man, put her hands on his shoulders and looked into his eyes, and after a few seconds she assumed his form, which greatly pissed off student.

Rachel caused a lot of big explosions and Bakugou had to keep pace to avoid them all. He knew perfectly well that this trick only worked for ten minutes, but even so, he wasn't going to wait that long. Katsuki caused the explosion behind Takao and the force of the explosion brings her closer to him. He grabbed teenager's hand, then twisted it and threw her on the ground. Dark-haired girl groaned in pain, and when she saw that Bakugou was aiming another explosion at her, she immediately ran to the side. Rachel lost control of the illusion for a moment and resumed her form. Bakugou landed right in front of her, and just as teenager tried to attack him, he blocked her punch, picked her up and pushed her aside. Girl rolled on the ground and before she knew it she was already beyond the line, which meant the end of the fight.

Takao breathed a sigh of relief. She was glad she had made the mistake and let herself be pushed over the line like this. Fighting him can be really hard.

Suddenly, someone stood in front of her and when she looked up, she saw Bakugou, he held out his hand to her. The gesture surprised her, but finally girl grabbed his hand and with his help got up on her feet.

"You held yourself back. " He said, which immediately caught her attention. "Why? "

"I didn't hold back. " She replied immediately. "I..."

"You're lying. " He interrupted her and started towards the exit. "And not only in this case. " He left and left her in great shock.

The festival passed very quickly, Bakugou was the winner, although boy wasn't satisfied with the way he won.

After the incident, Rachel found Bakugou and stopped him to talk.

"What do you want? " He asked.

"Why do you think I'm lying? " She asked and looked at him. "How did you come to that? "

"Because you're lying. " He glanced at her. "I don't know what it is yet, but you're not telling the whole truth. You pretend in front of everyone... " Said looking at her.

"What am I pretending? " She asked.

" Someone you're not. " He said, which surprised her even more.

If her father finds out that someone has suspected her of something, that would be the end. Teenager thought frantically what to answer. What to do to make him believe her? To make him stop suspecting her?

Takao sighed heavily and then controlled herself and looked at blond man standing in front of her.

"You're right. " She admitted which surprised him a bit. "I pretend all this time." She said looking at his eyes. "In front of everyone ... I'm pretending to be someone I'm not. " She lowered her head sadly. "It wouldn't be the first time. " She started to play with her hands. "Listen... I really don't want an enemy in you. Despite your character, you're a really great person and I would like to be friends with you somehow. It wasn't always like this, you know? Once upon a time I didn't have to pretend like that in front of others... Everything started going downhill from my mother's death... My father broke down completely, my brother fell ill and I... I got lost and I lost myself... Rachel is not a Japanese name, my mother named me after her deceased sister, and she liked it very much. My brother calls me Ray and I like this version more than the whole. " She said and Katsuki listened carefully to her. "They both came from America, my parents met there, and because of my father's work we traveled quite often in different countries ... We didn't stay anywhere for long until some time. Anyway, all this time of our travels, I never had the opportunity to be friends with anyone, and if I was able to... I had to buy into their favors, lie for various reasons just because they liked me... Stupid, huh? " She laughed softly. "But you're right... I guess after all these years I got lost really badly... But it's different here..." Said thoughtfully, she didn't know which of the words she was saying was a lie and which was the truth. "Kirishima said he was enjoying our friendship." She remembered with a smile. "It was the first time someone said something like that to me, and you immediately noticed that there was something wrong, you saw me... But honestly, I'm happy about it, so I'll try to stop. And I'll do my best to convince you. I'll make you like me again. " She smiled.

"Don't set yourself goals too high. " He said and passed her by, but girl saw that he was listening to her very carefully. This fact pleased her.

Rachel smiled sadly.

"Oi? " Bakugou called and girl turned to face him. "You're coming or you're staying at school? " Asked, his words immediately bringing a happier smile to her face.

"I'm going with you! " She called cheerfully and ran to blond boy.

"Don't be so happy. " He shook his head.

"Sorry. " She laughed. "I can't hold myself back. " Said smiling.

In the evening hours they left the school grounds together and went to their homes, passing by departing sparrows.