Second Carving

"Ah, you've finally brought him." Zhongli swatted the blood off of his arm to make a string of blotches on the ground. He was still drenched but at least he wasn't dripping, sort of. 

"You wanted to see me?" Childe asked, unsure of why Zhongli was here in the first place. He let him go. Then came to take him back. Or, maybe he just let him go to follow him to see the location of the Fatui? He could've just asked. Childe would've told him. 

"I'm here to join the harbingers," Zhongli said. He stepped toward Childe. "Or, to become allies, more accurately." 

"They'd never let you." 

"Then make me a captive. I imagine that's worth something." 

"Eh? But..." Childe stepped back and Zhongli stepped forward. 

"Are you refusing?" Zhongli placed his finger up against Childe's chest over his carved skin. 

"What was the point of letting me go if you're just crawling back?" Childe swatted his hand away. 

"You're not thinking..." Zhongli grabbed Childe's arm and pulled him close, muttering by his ear. "Do you think pretending to spy on me is going to clear your name here? They'd kill you before they believed that. But if you bring me back as your agreeable hostage maybe you're worth something after all." 

"This is not an agreeable hostage..." Childe stared at the bloodied bodies on the ground. 

"But who's the one claiming to have won that fight?" Zhongli stepped back and pressed his finger to Childe's neck, sliding it up his chin. "I gave you a run for your bloodstained money but by observing me closely for a few days you learned my tricks and won this fight." 

"Is that what we're telling them?" Childe sighed. 

"It is now..." Zhongli glanced at the door where Pierro stood. 

"If we convince him...the others won't bother us too much..." Childe muttered. 

"What is the meaning of this?" Pierro walked forward, avoiding the bloody pools with grace. 

"I've brought back the ruthless Morax," Childe turned to face Pierro and grabbed Zhongli's shirt collar and pulled him down beside his head. "He caused some casualties along the way though..." 

"Am I to believe you're strong enough for that?" 

"He is completely under my control now, don't worry... Losing to me really hurt his pride. Now he doesn't want to live so it doesn't matter what I do with him." 

"Hm," Pierro wasn't convinced. 

"If you're that bothered I guess I'll have to use this then," Childe pulled out a collar from his pocket and put it on Zhongli. "It's one of Dottore's special creations. It'll kill him if he tries anything. He has to listen to me now." That was a lie of course. This was just a menacing-looking collar. It didn't do anything (for now, they'd have to get a real one later). Don't ask why Childe had it on him. He obviously wasn't thinking about pet play. Never in his life. Have you met the man? Childe is an innocent soul that does absolutely nothing but tend to flowers and kiss his lovers passionately under the moonlight. He would never think about putting on a collar and saying 'woof.'

"Prove it," Pierro said. 

"Well, you heard the man, prove you're my bitch," Childe released Zhongli's collar. With a stoic expression, Zhongli grabbed a knife off of one of the people he'd knocked out and wiped the blood off of it. He tore open his shirt and carved into his skin without uttering a noise. Childe watched, trying his best not to react. 

PROPERTY OF TARTAGLIA

"Only a lost soul would carve into his own skin," Pierro scoffed and left. "You've outdone yourself this time, Tartaglia." 

Childe watched Pierro leave. When he was sure that he was far enough away he turned to Zhongli. "What the fuck? Why did you do that?! 

"I told you..." Zhongli replied. "I would carve your name into my chest to prove my love." 

"But it's a long name...it'll take a while to heal..." 

"Then treat me well, Master," Zhongli snickered, falling forward.