Chapter 1: Sisters

Caution: This story contains explicit language, adult themes, violence, mental illness, and eating disorders. It may not be suitable for all readers. If you feel uncomfortable with these topics, it is advised to set this story aside for now. Remember, there will always be other stories available for your reading pleasure. Proceed at your own risk.

PS: If you're interested in exploring more daring, sensual, and adventurous stories, I invite you to take a look at my work titled "Mistaken Identity." While it may initially appear peculiar, I assure you that as the story unfolds, you'll likely find it captivating, particularly if you're seeking mature content. Feel free to delve into its enticing and risqué narrative.

ANNOUNCEMENT: My new work, What Ifs and Whys (Draco Malfoy x Reader x Mattheo Riddle) is out now! Please feel free to read and leave a like. Your comments and opinions are all welcome. Happy to serve you, always.

As you sit before the vanity mirror in your childhood room, you delicately brush your hair. Outside, rain cascades from the sky, accompanied by a brisk wind that relentlessly pounds against your window, producing an eerie whistle amidst the storm. The gloomy weather has left you feeling restless, with unsettled energy coursing through your veins. Soft illumination bathes the room, casting a gentle glow as you carefully study your reflection in the mirror.

Tragedy strikes, leaving you and your sister orphaned, grappling with the loss that engulfs your lives. The passing of your grandfather, afflicted by a debilitating bone ailment, prompts your return to England to reunite with your sibling. Sent to the German countryside to enrol at Omnes Puellae Schola, a boarding school for young wizards, you find solace amidst the magical realm. The untimely demise of your parents in a harrowing accident, during your tender years, thrusts you into an existence primarily centred within the school's walls. As time passes, you find yourself estranged from your relatives, most notably your grandfather, who once separated you from your sister in your formative years.

Mixed emotions flooded your mind upon receiving a letter from your sister, delivering the news of your grandfather's passing. It demanded yet another round of adjustments in your life, all for the sake of your family. At times, the weight of the sacrifices you made for them seemed unfair, as if burdened solely on your shoulders.

A knock on your bedroom door disrupted your thoughts, capturing your immediate attention.

"Please, come in," you respond casually as the door swings open. Pansy steps into the room and gently closes it behind her.

"Hey, um... I was wondering if now is a good time to talk?" she asks hesitantly, approaching you with uncertain steps. Clad in her nightgown, her hair neatly tied in a bun, she exudes a certain awkwardness. The two of you never had the chance to grow up together, creating an unspoken distance that hangs in the air.

Pansy embodies the spirit of fun, unafraid to venture into new experiences. She eagerly embraces parties and basks in a life of luxury, thanks to the spoiling nature of your grandfather. In contrast, you were thrust into a boarding school at a young age, where strict rules governed your every move.

You sweep your hair to one side, gathering it on your shoulder, and muster a faint smile.

"Of course, what did you want to discuss?" you inquire.

Her hesitation is palpable, her gaze averted as her eyes wander around your room. You instinctively follow her line of sight, sensing her struggle to articulate her thoughts.

"I understand that you and grandfather haven't always seen eye to eye," she begins tentatively. "But as he lies on his deathbed, he entrusted me with a message for you. He wanted me to apologize on his behalf for sending you away from us. He explained that his decision was driven by his belief in your emotional and intellectual strength and your innate independence, qualities that surpass my own. He wanted you to acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to carry on our family business."