Chapter 23: Bring Your Girlfriend to Work

"Are you certain she can breathe in there?" Draco inquired with concern.

"I'm not entirely sure," Ron replied hesitantly.

"Are you kidding me, Ron?!" Draco exclaimed, his worry growing.

"I've never done something like this before, Draco. If Harry finds out I took his cloak, he'll kill me. And Hermione... if she finds out..." Ron trailed off, carefully draping the cloak over you. 

"Relax. We'll just keep her in my office until my shift ends."

They surreptitiously smuggled you inside the Ministry, trying to avoid attention.

"Hmm! Hmm!" As they were halfway there, Draco glanced back and noticed your head poking out from under the cloak.

"Y/n!" Ron hurriedly covered you up, but you pulled it down again.

You were fascinated by the owls gracefully soaring through the air.

"You have to hide first, my love!" Draco urged, and they hurried you to his office.

Once you arrived, you immediately removed the cloak, feeling safe in Draco's presence.

"Where the hell have the two of you been?! Late as..." Draco's reprimand trailed off as he and Ron noticed Hermione standing there, arms crossed. But Hermione's eyes widened with surprise when she saw you.

"Y/n?!" She rushed towards you, embracing you tightly. "Oh my god! It's you!"

Hermione was taken aback by your lack of response and emotional expression.

Draco proceeded to explain everything to Hermione and Ron, shedding light on your speech and emotional cognitive impairments.

"Oh, my god..." Hermione looked at you intently as you watched the owls gliding outside.

"Her speech... it was damaged, and her emotional cognition as well. That's why," Draco clarified.

"I'm so glad you brought her here," Hermione said sincerely.

You turned to Draco, pulling at his sleeves, and pointed towards the owls outside.

"Do you want one?" Draco asked, but you shook your head.

Instead, you spread your arms and mimicked the flapping of wings, indicating your desire to fly.

"I think she wants to fly," Hermione observed.

"Fly? How can she... oh, right! Broom flying!" Ron exclaimed. "Yes, I can take her broom flying!"

"That's a great idea! Let's take her outside. She's too fragile for a harsh environment," Draco agreed, recognizing the need for a gentle and accommodating setting for you.

***

"Mum, you need to stay calm, okay? Don't overreact in front of her," Ron advised, trying to ease his mother's anxiety.

"Of course, of course. Oh gosh," Molly replied, taking deep breaths to compose herself.

"Draco, come in," Ron called, and Draco entered the Burrow with you.

Molly gasped as she caught sight of you. "It's Y/n," she exclaimed, tears welling up in her eyes.

"Mum, remember, don't overreact," Ron gently reminded her.

"Are you guys hungry? I just cooked lunch. You didn't send me an owl in advance!" Mrs Weasley immediately busied herself, trying to redirect her focus.

"We're here to take Y/n for a broom ride," Hermione explained.