Chapter 19: Let's Get Tattoo

Pansy and Celestine had been spending Saturdays together, going out and enjoying each other's company. This had become a routine for them over several weeks. However, their routine abruptly came to a halt when Pansy went to the hospital one Saturday to pick up Celestine, only to be informed by Anna, Celestine's nurse friend, that she had not been feeling well and had been absent from work for a week.

Concerned about Celestine's health, Pansy decided to visit her at her flat. As she arrived, she was greeted by Peter, the guard, who expressed his delight at seeing her.

"Miss Pansy! Good to see you," Peter greeted warmly.

"Good to see you too, Peter. Is Celestine home?" Pansy inquired.

"Yeah, she's been sick for several days now. Her mother visited yesterday," Peter informed her, opening the elevator for Pansy.

"Thank you, Peter. I brought some food for her. I hope she's doing okay," Pansy replied, stepping into the elevator and making her way to Celestine's flat.

Pansy knocked on the door but received no response. She decided to let herself in, as she had done on previous occasions. Making her way to Celestine's room, she saw her friend lying in bed, sleeping with eyes slightly open.

"P-Pansy..." Celestine weakly whispered.

"Hey..." Pansy approached her gently.

"I'm sorry, I can't go out tonight," Celestine said, managing a faint smile.

"It's alright. I understand," Pansy reassured her.

"I... I have something to tell you," Celestine hesitated.

"Yes?" Pansy encouraged her.

"I... I have bone cancer. It's chronic, so there's no cure for it anymore," Celestine revealed with a hint of sadness.

"I understand. My sister... also had bone cancer. I can understand the pain," Pansy empathized.

Celestine smiled weakly, appreciating Pansy's understanding.

"I could use some company right now," Celestine admitted.

"Oh, well, you've got the whole package right here. I brought some food for us since we can't go out today for our girls' day," Pansy replied, trying to lighten the mood.

"Can I come with you?" Celestine asked, a glimmer of hope in her eyes.

"Are you sure? You can stay here and rest," Pansy offered.

"I want to watch you cook," Celestine insisted.

"Alright," Pansy agreed, helping Celestine up. They both made their way to the kitchen, and Pansy began preparing the food she had brought.

"Thanks, Pansy," Celestine expressed her gratitude.

"Hmm?" Pansy looked up, slightly puzzled.

"Thank you for checking on me. My parents are very busy, and I don't have any siblings," Celestine confessed.

"Don't worry about it. I never had the chance to do this with my sister, so..." Pansy trailed off, her voice filled with a mix of melancholy and gratitude.

"About your sister... well, if it's okay with you to talk about her," Celestine hesitated.

"She's Y/n. You... you look like her. But don't get me wrong, it's not the only reason why I'm doing this. I genuinely enjoy being with you. It's... it's very comforting," Pansy explained, a touch of vulnerability in her voice.

"Do I look like her?" Celestine questioned, her curiosity piqued.

"Yes. I wish you had the chance to meet her. She was really into chemistry, sciences, and math," Pansy reminisced.