Chapter 22: Cooking Mishaps with Draco

"Hello Sir Draco, this week it's lilac?" Peter greeted, noticing Draco holding a bouquet of lilacs.

"Yeah, I hope she's home," Draco replied.

"Let me check." Peter glanced at your schedule. "According to the timetable, it's supposed to be her rest day today. She's up"

"AAAHH!" They both heard a blood-curdling scream coming from upstairs. Without hesitation, they rushed up the stairs, abandoning the elevator.

Upon reaching the scene, they saw you frantically pressing the elevator button.

"Ma'am, are you alright?!" Peter asked, but you immediately ran past him toward Draco.

"Cockroach! A cockroach is flying in the kitchen!" you cried.

"Oh, my goodness." Peter swiftly entered the kitchen and swiftly squashed the cockroach. "It's dead!"

You peered over Draco's shoulder, looking inside the apartment.

"Is it gone?" you asked.

"Yep."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, look." Peter grabbed a tissue paper, picked up the lifeless insect, and showed it to you.

"Ew!" Draco and Peter chuckled at your reaction.

Peter proceeded to disinfect the kitchen, living room, and the shared bathroom before allowing you to re-enter.

"You scared us! We thought you were being attacked again," Draco said, removing the previous week's flowers from their vase. He then headed to the kitchen to fill the vase with water.

"I was being attacked," you replied, walking over to the counter to watch him arrange the flowers.

"Have you eaten?"

"Not yet. I'm studying."

"Again?"

"Yeah, I have a case to study, and I need to run some tests and experiments during my next shift."

"It's your day off, and you're still working."

You giggled and rolled up your sleeves.

"Don't you have work today?" you asked. Draco nodded and placed the vase on top of the fridge.

"Let's go out," he suggested.

"Hmm... I don't feel like going out. Let's just stay here. It's cold outside." You pouted.

"Alright, let's just watch some movies then."

Draco had been adjusting quite well to muggle leisure activities lately, and one of his favourite pastimes now included watching films with you. It was a pleasant surprise to see him take an interest in something so ordinary, and his enthusiasm for spending time with you only grew stronger. He made sure to visit you every week, always concerned about your well-being and eager to see how you were doing. As the days went by, you found yourself falling deeper and deeper in love with him.

"I'll cook today," you declared one evening, hoping to impress Draco with your culinary skills.

He chuckled softly and said, "That's a very good idea, but I'm a bit worried about that."

A playful glint appeared in your eyes as you raised an eyebrow. "You don't trust my cooking?"

Draco reached out to tuck a strand of your hair behind your ear, his expression filled with affection. "It's not that I don't trust your cooking skills. I'm worried that you'll get yourself hurt."

You reassured him, "I'm not that clumsy, you know."

"All right, all right," he relented, chuckling again. "I'll just supervise you."