Chater 20: Draco!

An: it's so cute when I see people adding the story to read it later (authors can see who's adding their stories to the reader's reading lists) and y'all. Your reading list names are just... Priceless. I love seeing those hahaha. Anyway, here's another update. Feast your eyes :3

PS: Last Update for this month. Really not feeling well lately. See you in August!
PPS: I forgot I already edited this chapter and I ended up editing the edited version. I HATE THIS CHAPTER. It didn't give the first version of this justice. I know, it's my fault. Just letting you know that this chapter is kinda shitty. Sorry. 

***

"Mattheo?!" Draco burst into Mattheo's office, clearly in a state of panic.

"Can you lower your voice?" Mattheo responded, his tone displaying annoyance.

"She's missing. I brought her here, but we got separated. We need to find her before-"

"Will you please be quiet?!" Mattheo hissed. "She's sleeping!"

Mattheo gestured towards the sofa, and Draco saw Celestine peacefully slumbering.

"Oh, thank goodness," Draco sighed in relief.

"You're being too harsh on her again," Mattheo chided.

Draco looked away, guilt creeping into his expression.

"She's not Y/n," Draco murmured in defence.

"That doesn't permit you to treat her poorly. It disgusts me. Imagine if that were Y/n," Mattheo insisted.

"I'm trying," Draco muttered, his voice laden with frustration.

"Well, you're not trying hard enough. I'll take care of her. You don't have to bother," Mattheo declared firmly.

"D-Draco?" Celestine's voice interrupted the tense conversation as she groggily woke up. "Where have you been? I've been looking for you."

Draco remained silent, his conflicted emotions evident on his face.

"Are you hungry?" Mattheo asked Celestine, trying to ease the tension.

"A bit, but don't worry. I can go a whole day without eating," Celestine replied, showing her resilience.

"No, we're going to eat," Mattheo insisted, determined to take care of her.

Mattheo helped Celestine to her feet and adjusted her sling.

"Thank you," Celestine smiled gratefully at Mattheo, oblivious to the inner turmoil Draco was experiencing. Unable to bear the weight of his emotions, Draco clenched his jaw and silently walked out of the room.

***

Draco was engrossed in writing reports in his office when he heard a knock on the door. He glanced up to see his secretary standing there.

"Sir," she said hesitantly. "You have a visitor."

"Let them in," Draco replied, curious about the unexpected interruption.

The door opened, and to his surprise, it was Celestine standing there, holding a cup of coffee and a box of food.

"Hi!" she greeted him cheerfully.

Draco looked up, a mix of confusion and intrigue evident on his face. Celestine placed the coffee and food on Draco's table.

"We just had lunch. Here," she said, indicating the offerings. "I will be going now. Mattheo will be accompanying me. Thank you for today."

Draco remained silent, his mind racing to comprehend the situation. Celestine smiled and began to turn away, heading towards the door.

"W-wait," Draco stammered, suddenly finding his voice. He stood up and grabbed his jacket. "I will accompany you."