Chapter 8: Awareness

Draco, Mattheo, Blaise, and Theo, accompanied by their fellow Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, and Hufflepuff male classmates, took their designated seats at the Gryffindor table during lunchtime.

Harry became aware of the absence of female students inside the Great Hall. "What's happening? Where are Hermione and the rest?" Ron inquired, scanning the area.

The other boys also noticed the peculiar situation.

Suddenly, voices echoed from the hallways as girls started streaming into the Great Hall donning tank tops and shorts. They settled at their respective tables and began their meal.

"W-what's all this about?" Theo stammered, unsure of where to direct his gaze.

"It's in support of the third-year student who was bullied due to her choice of clothing," Pansy replied, clad in tank tops and shorts herself.

"Where's Y/n?" Blaise anxiously inquired.

"She's in the hospital wing. Her elbow got dislocated again, but Madam Pomfrey is taking care of it," Pansy answered before heading to the Slytherin table, joining the other girls from their class.

As you burst into the Great Hall, hastily fixing your shoes, the lunchtime commotion draws the attention of all the boys. Clad in a simple white tank top and your Slytherin skirt, you don your Slytherin robe, which hangs slightly off your shoulder, revealing your unencumbered left arm. Instead of your usual thick pantyhose, you opt for ankle-length white socks.

"Sorry, I'm late. Madam Pomfrey had quite the scolding for me," you announce breathlessly, taking a seat next to Pansy.

"I told you to be careful! Anyway, here's your plate. Hermione and I prepared it for you," Pansy says, placing a plate in front of you.

"Thanks, Pansy, Mione."

"No problem," Hermione replies with a smile.

The boys exchange glances but remain silent about the situation.

Afternoon classes have been cancelled due to rallies organized by third and fourth-year students in the courtyard. These rallies aim to raise awareness about bullying and women's rights.

You and the other girls gather to observe the rally when suddenly, the chanting and cheering from inside the castle interrupts the proceedings.

"What on earth?" Pansy exclaims as you all turn your gaze towards the entrance of the courtyard. To your surprise, your male classmates have joined in, donning tank tops and carrying signs advocating for women's rights and standing against bullying.

The other boys from the crowd enthusiastically join the rally, turning it into a lively party. The professors find themselves unsure of how to handle the unexpected turn of events.

"Let them be. They have the right to fight for their beliefs and be heard," Dumbledore instructs his staff, advocating for the student's freedom of expression.

By the time it reaches 9 PM, you and the others finally head inside for dinner. Despite the late hour, Dumbledore patiently awaits your arrival.

The dinner takes on the atmosphere of a joyous feast, with people still singing and chanting in celebration. Draco notices that you're eating very little and decides to intervene.

"Hey, remember what I told you last night? It's perfectly fine to eat as much as you can. I'm here to encourage you," he says, prompting you to chuckle. Taking his advice, you help yourself to another serving and finish off your meal with a scoop of chocolate ice cream.

Once everyone is satiated and feeling a bit drowsy from the day's activities and full stomachs, Dumbledore claps his hands to gather everyone's attention and clean the tables.