Chapter 24: Thoughts

"Is she hurt?" Mrs Weasley inquired anxiously, turning to her husband as they arrived at the inn where Mr Weasley had brought you to rest.

"No, she has some mild bruises and wounds, but nothing too serious," Mr Weasley reassured her.

Draco hurriedly made his way to the room where you were, finding you once again curled up in a fetal position, hugging your knees tightly.

Approaching you with the utmost care, he gently placed his hand on your shoulder.

"My love, it's alright. I'm so sorry if what I said earlier upset you. I truly apologize. You're not the reason I've been missing work. Please don't think of it that way, okay?"

"Lying... D-Dr..." you managed to sob out.

"No, I'm not. Believe me, my love. You've done nothing wrong."

"I... hate... h-ha... myself."

"Oh, my love, please don't say that. Come here." Draco pulled you into a tight hug.

"You—you... hate... me?" you stammered, questioning him.

"No! No!"

"No lying?"

"No lying!"

Finally, you embraced Draco, and he let out a sigh of relief.

"No lying. I'm not going to leave your side anymore because you always give me a heart attack."

As Draco comforted you, Hermione, Ron, George, and Fred walked into the room.

"Y/n, thank goodness you're alright," Hermione said with a sigh of relief, gently running her fingers through your hair. "Don't ever do that again, alright?"

You hid your face in the crook of Draco's neck.

"Look who's feeling shy after running away," Fred commented, trying to lighten the atmosphere.

"Boys, Hermione, please give Y/n some space. She needs to rest," Mrs Weasley interjected.

Draco was about to break the hug, but you clung tightly to his shirt.

"Alright, boss. I'm not leaving," he assured you, a hint of a smile in his voice.

***

"Coco~" you called out to Draco affectionately. You had just finished taking a shower in his office bathroom, as you often did when you visited him at work.

"Your clothes are on the sink," Draco responded with a gentle voice.

"No, blood," you said, causing Draco to instantly stand up, concern etched across his face.

He rushed to your side and examined you closely. "Where does it hurt? Are you bleeding?" he asked urgently.

"Bleeding? Here," you pointed to your abdomen, and Draco's cheeks flushed crimson.

"Right. Stay right there," Draco instructed, before quickly leaving his office and heading to find Hermione.

"Can't you see that I'm in the middle of a meeting here, Malfoy?" Hermione sassed, annoyed at the interruption.

"It's Y/n."

Hermione immediately got up and ran to Draco's office, her worry evident. She went to tend to your needs and asked you what had happened.

"B-blood... Here," you pointed to your abdomen again.

"Oh! Right. Hold on," Hermione hurried back to her office and retrieved some pads, showing you how to use them.