Chapter 6: Hers

Later that evening, you made your way to the Great Hall for dinner. Pansy sat to your right, while Blaise occupied the seat on your left. Pansy still harboured some resentment towards you for your injured arm, but she begrudgingly assisted you with your meal.

"Now I have to do this! Argh..." Pansy grumbled as she helped you prepare your food.

"I love you too, Pansy," you replied, leaning your head on her shoulder.

"That was incredible, Y/n! I heard you defeated Harry in a Quidditch match!" Seamus exclaimed, turning around at their table to talk to you.

"Y/n was on fire. Draco, maybe you should consider stepping down and letting Y/n take over," Harry teased Draco.

"No, she's not!" Pansy interjected. "Look what happened?!" She fed you a piece of roasted chicken and some brown rice. You choked on it, and Blaise quickly handed you water.

"I was just joking!" Harry reassured, but Pansy merely rolled her eyes.

"If Y/n wants to, why not? We could share the seeker position," Draco responded, glancing at you.

"Oh, no thank you. It was just a one-time game. It won't happen again," you chuckled.

Now Blaise offered you a bowl of pumpkin soup.

"Y/n," Blaise handed you a fork with a roasted chicken leg. You took it and took a bite.

"Mmm... so delicious," you exclaimed, savouring the flavour.

"Oh no!" Blaise grabbed a napkin and pointed at your cast.

"Oh no!" You echoed, snatching the napkin from Blaise. Some ketchup had smeared onto your cast.

You, being the clean freak and perfectionist that you were, started rubbing the ketchup away with the napkin, but it only made it worse.

"Oh no..." You frowned and sighed.

"It's alright, you'll be getting rid of the cast soon anyway," Pansy reassured you.

"No, I want to keep it."

"Why?" she asked curiously.

"It's the first bone I ever broke," you replied proudly.

"Oh, I understand," Hermione suddenly appeared behind you.

"Goodness, Hermione, you startled me," you exclaimed. She pulled something out of her pocket—a pencil case. "In the Muggle world, we do this when someone close to us breaks a bone and wears a cast."

She opened the case and pulled out a colourful marker. She began writing on your cast, covering up the ketchup stain.

"To the new seeker of the Slytherin team, long live the broken bone queen."

"Ohhh! I want to write too!" Mattheo exclaimed, standing up and adding his message to your cast.

After dinner, your cast was adorned with writings and doodles from your classmates.

"How does it look?" Hermione asked proudly.

"I love it."

You admired the artwork with a big smile on your face. The ketchup stain was nowhere to be seen.

The most creative drawing was on the palm of your hand—a doodle by Draco.

It depicted a middle finger with the words below saying...

"Fuck off."

"If someone is bothering you, just show them your palm," Draco said.

"After tripping her, you're teaching her how to swear," Pansy scolded Draco. But Draco took your hand and held up your cast, indirectly flipping Pansy off.