Chapter 2: Summer

You've just completed the renovation of the office. You're perspiring and covered in dirt. Seeking relief from the scorching summer heat, you head to your room for a refreshing shower.

Although there are still some remaining arrangements to be made, the office is now well organized.

After your shower, put on a simple white shirt and grey sweatpants.

A knock on your door interrupts your preparations. It's Pansy.

"Yes?" you respond.

"Dinner is ready. Come downstairs and join us," Pansy informs you.

"Alright, I'll be there in a minute," you reply.

"Okay, she's going to have dinner with us," Pansy announces, turning to face Theo and Mattheo, who were eagerly awaiting your response. They are excited to have you join them.

The three individuals paused as they heard the sound of your footsteps drawing closer to the door.

"Oh, shoot! She's coming," Pansy hurriedly pulled Theo and Mattheo downstairs. They quickly made their way to the dining area and took their seats.

"Why? What's going on?" Draco inquired.

"She's coming downstairs," Mattheo whispered, adjusting himself nervously.

They all turned their attention towards the stairs upon hearing the sound of your slippers.

"Why am I suddenly feeling so anxious?" Pansy commented.

You entered the dining room and were taken aback when you saw Pansy's friends. You had thought they had already left.

"Um, hi... Good evening," you greeted them, feeling a bit awkward. You tried to discreetly hide your bare toes, realizing you were wearing shorts in front of guests, causing your face to flush red.

"Y/n! Take a seat. Let's eat; you must be hungry," Pansy said, patting the chair next to her. You walked over to the chair and sat down, beginning to prepare your plate.

"So, Y/n," Theo began as they had rehearsed.

"Hmm?" you replied curtly, but they didn't anticipate the intense focus with which you looked at Theo.

This caught Theo and the others off guard.

"I- Um... What's your favourite subject in school?" Theo stammered. He blanked out, forgetting all the questions they had rehearsed.

"Alchemy," you responded.

"Whoa... You study alchemy?" Blaise asked, his excitement evident.

"Back in Germany, it's one of our core subjects," you replied, beginning to eat your food.

Pansy decided to take the lead in the conversation after Theo missed his chance.

The boys simply observed you, attentively watching your every move. They had never seen someone pay such close attention when someone else spoke—only you.

"So, Y/n, do you have someone special in your life?" Blaise finally asked, posing the question.

"Special someone? Like Pansy?" you retorted.

"I mean, are you in a relationship?"

"Oh... Like having a boyfriend or girlfriend. No, why would I need one?" you replied.

They exchanged glances with each other.

"But I'm your special person, right?" Pansy snapped them back to reality.

"Of course! You're my sister," you smiled at her, and Pansy returned the smile.

"May I ask why you're not in a relationship?" Theo inquired.