Chapter 7: Crush

Pansy, along with Theo, Draco, and Blaise, decided to follow you and Cedric to Hogsmeade.

"He just asked your sister out, Pansy," Theo teased mischievously.

"Shut up," Pansy hissed, not wanting to entertain Theo's comments, and continued following you.

As you and Cedric strolled around Hogsmeade, trying various snacks and sweets that were new to you, including the famous butterbeer, Theo couldn't resist making another observation.

"I think she likes him, Pansy," Theo remarked, hoping to provoke a reaction. However, Pansy simply rolled her eyes in response, refusing to engage in further discussion.

At that moment, Pansy grabbed Draco's arm, seeking his assistance.

"Why?" Draco asked, slightly confused.

"Take Y/n," Pansy requested urgently.

"What? No! I have a girlfriend," Draco protested.

"No, you idiot. I mean accompany her," Pansy clarified.

"Why me? Why not Blaise? He's closer to her," Draco questioned.

"Just go and find Y/n!" Pansy insisted.

"No! Pansy, let her enjoy herself here. You can't control her every move!" Draco asserted, expressing his concern for your freedom.

Pansy sighed in frustration, leaning against the wall outside the Three Broomsticks.

"I just want to make sure she doesn't get hurt," Pansy admitted, her worry evident in her voice.

***

"Thanks, Cedric. I had a great day today," you expressed as Cedric accompanied you to the entrance of the Dungeons.

"It was my pleasure. I enjoyed it too," Cedric replied, a smile gracing his face. "See you tomorrow?"

You nodded in agreement. "Yes."

Cedric bid you farewell and departed, leaving you to continue towards your common room. However, your path was intercepted by Draco's arrival.

"Oh, Draco! Where are Pansy and the others?" you inquired, noticing their absence.

"What? What do you mean?" Draco asked, feigning ignorance.

"I know you guys were following us the entire afternoon," you stated matter-of-factly.

Draco stumbled, struggling to find the right words. "Well, that was..."

"It's fine, Draco. You don't need to cover up for my sister. I know it was her idea," you said, understanding Pansy's protective nature. The fact that they tried to hide only made you appreciate their concern even more. "I understand why Pansy is so worried about me. We only have each other now."

You and Draco continued walking deeper into the Dungeons.

"I'm sorry, Y/n," Draco apologized.

"It's okay," you reassured him.

"So... are you and Cedric..." Draco began, hesitating to continue.

"Oh, no. We're just friends," you clarified.

"But he asked you out," Draco pointed out.

"Yes, he did," you confirmed.

Draco stopped in his tracks, and you followed suit.

"You do know that it's a thing... right?" Draco pressed.

"What thing?" you questioned, genuinely unaware.