Chapter 14: The Other One

You woke up feeling dizzy. You look around and saw Draco sleeping by your side.

You couldn't remember what happened last night. All you can remember is you're preparing your pyjamas when something hit you on your head and everything went black.

The weather is getting colder, you can bearly open your eyes. You touch Draco's cheek and he instantly wakes up.

"Love," he got up and check on you. You can barely open your eyes but you manage to smile for him.

"Hi..." you respond. "What happened?"

"Something or someone hit you on the head last night. How do you feel?" he asked.

"Dizzy."

"Do you need anything? Do you want me to call Madam Pomfrey?"

You shook your head and held his hand. You feel so weak, you swallow your saliva and it tastes like metal. You can taste your blood.

"Draco..."

"Yes, my love?"

"I'm thirsty."

Draco nod and get you a glass of water.

"Here." he help you sit on the bed and handed you the glass of water. You sip a few more times before handing it back to Draco.

"Thank you."

"Do you need anything else?"

"You. I need you to stay with me," you respond and Draco sat next to you.

"Of course,"

You lean your head to him and pass out. You're still weak and do have not enough energy to stay up longer.

Draco wraps his arms around you, he carefully lay you back down and kisses your forehead.

He didn't let go of your hand the whole day. He didn't eat lunch just to wait for you to wake up again.

It was already late when Blaise and Mattheo went to visit.

"How is she?" Blaise asked and check your head bandage.

"She woke up later, she asked for water and then went back to sleep," Draco responded.

"We brought you food," Mattheo said and give Draco a food container. "Eat, Draco or Y/n would be worried."

***

"Draco..."

"Draco."

Draco opens his eyes and lifts his head. He's been guarding you since yesterday. He saw you sitting on the bed and you look like you're already well.

"Love, what's the matter?" he asked and got up to check on you.

"Nothing, you've been sleeping all day. I was getting worried," you respond.

"Am I? Sorry, I overslept." Draco put his hands on his face and took a deep breath. "I was just worried about you." Draco put down his hands and was startled when instead of seeing you, he saw Astoria. "Astoria?"

Draco pushes his chair away from Astoria.

"You've been sleeping all day. Does your head hurt?" Astoria tried to reach out but Draco got up.

"What are you doing here? Where's Y/n?"

"Y/n, again. Is she more important than me now?"

"Y/n is there for me. You drop me." Draco turns around and remembers how Astoria drop him.

"I feel jealous, of you being with somebody else."

Something clicks in Draco's mind.

"It's you." Draco turns around and faces Astoria. "You're the one who hit Y/n!"  Draco grabs Astoria's neck and pins her on the bed.