Chapter 18: Good Bye

AN: New story coming out TONIGHT! Check my profile to start reading!

My Dearest Draco,

You will forever hold the position of my first and truest love. It's not merely about being the first person I had a crush on or the one who left me breathless, but rather the one who evoked the most intense and profound emotions within me.

The instant our paths intertwined, I realized that my heart was unequivocally bound to yours. You effortlessly captured the very essence of who I am, drawing out the most authentic and vulnerable parts of me. To have loved you is an experience I will eternally cherish, devoid of any regrets.

Even though circumstances may prevent us from always being together, know that my love for you transcends the limitations of time and space. It extends beyond the boundaries of this existence, transcending into the realms of infinite lifetimes. With every beat of my heart, I will continue to love you, not just in this fleeting existence, but in all the universes that lie ahead.

You are and forever will be, my first love.

Yours faithfully,

Y/n

Draco clutched the letter you had sent him earlier, delivered by Madam Pomfrey amidst the grim news of your deteriorating condition. The weight of the situation had taken its toll, leaving Draco with a heavy heart and tears welling up in his eyes. The thought of you suffering, struggling to stand, struck him to the core.

As Madam Pomfrey offered her support, her hand resting gently on Draco's shoulder, she empathetically acknowledged the urgency of delivering the letters you had meticulously prepared for everyone. Understanding the significance of the task, she bid him farewell, leaving Draco alone with his thoughts and your heartfelt words.

With trembling hands, Draco unfolded the letter once more, reading each word through blurry vision. The emotions surged within him, overwhelming and raw. It felt as if a part of him was being torn away, the gravity of the situation sinking deeper into his soul.

"Why?" he whispered, his voice laden with anguish, echoing through the emptiness of the room. Frustration engulfed him, boiling over until he could no longer contain it. In an outburst of despair, Draco's clenched fist collided with the unyielding wall, the pain of the impact mirroring the ache in his heart. A sharp crack resonated through the air as his hand broke upon impact, but he paid little heed to the physical pain, his anguish overpowering any sensation.

He sank to the floor, cradling his broken hand, tears streaming down his face. At that moment, it felt as though the world was collapsing around him, the realization of potentially losing you engulfing him with unbearable grief. The torment of helplessness and the unanswered question of "why" echoed relentlessly in his mind.

***

"Draco?!" Pansy's voice pierced through the tense atmosphere as Madam Pomfrey attended to Draco's broken hand, her eyes widening at the scene before her.

Draco turned to face Pansy, his expression a mixture of confusion and concern. "What is it?"

Pansy's voice quivered as she spoke, tears streaming down her face. "Y/n's letter to me... She's... she's planning to take her own life, Draco!" The words escaped Pansy's trembling lips, casting a heavy weight upon the room. Even Madam Pomfrey, typically composed and collected, was taken aback by the gravity of the situation. The news struck them like a bolt of lightning, shattering any remnants of their previous cheerfulness.

"What?!" Draco's voice cracked, his shock evident in his eyes as he reached out to accept the letter from Pansy's trembling hands.

She continued to read the heart-wrenching contents of the letter aloud, her voice filled with anguish. "'I cannot bear to witness you crying by my side on my deathbed. I cannot bear to see anyone else suffer because of me. So this is my goodbye.'" Pansy's voice wavered, the weight of your words hanging heavy in the air.