20 | superbike

It was late at night and most people were asleep except Riki who sneaked out of his room quietly

It was late at night and most people were asleep except Riki who sneaked out of his room quietly . He looked left and right before rushing towards the garage where his dad's collection of sport cars and superbikes were placed .

Entering the password for the garage, Riki smiled slyly.  He took a big step into a place his father had forbidden him to enter . He approached a black electronic kawasaki superbike, one of his dad's favourite .

Without hesitation, he put on a helmet and hoped on the superbike and starting the engine . He pressed the automatic button to keep the garage door open before speeding out of the underground parking area onto the main street .

He twisted the handle as much as he could so that his speed was against the wind . He doesn’t drive like a newbie but like a veteran, he overtakes almost every car that blocks his path.  Luckily, there weren’t many cars that night .

Sneaking out to ride a superbike at night is Riki's way of calming himself down after all the drama and tension during the day .

His relationship with his father is not as close as shown on television . After all, it's just acting to make his dad look like the greatest father ever so he can get the people's votes for the next election .

Does Riki hate his dad?  No, he didn't.  He was just disappointed with his dad's attitude of prioritizing his work over family.  Since childhood, Riki was raised by a babysitter . Receiving love from family?  Far from his dreams .

As he was drifting in his mind , a loud siren sound was heard by him . Riki looked behind him and was surprised to see a police car following him from behind.

"Shit."
Riki pressed the pedal to drive a thousand times faster to escape .

"STOP YOUR SUPERBIKE, YOU'RE DRIVING BEYOND THE SPEED LIMIT"
The policeman said through his speaker, audible enough for Riki to hear it but he chose to not give a damn about the warning .

If he is arrested by the police, he will be in big trouble for not having a license . Living in a lockup is also not his option . So, he sped faster to leave a huge distance between him and those policemen .

Hwan who was driving a motorcycle was shocked when he was cut just like that by that stranger.
  "WHO THE FUCK IS HIM?"

"AH MAN , HE LOOKS LIKE HE'S CHALLENGING ME "
Fixing his posture, Hwan immediately twisted the handle as well and tried to chase Riki from behind . He feels challenged and his dignity seems to fall, he will not let this happen .

Riki was surprised when a fried chicken delivery motorcycle was next to him, in line with his speed . But he could not see his face because of his helmet.  Huffing, Riki twisted the handle to leave the delivery man but he drove faster to maintain their distance .

Scoffing in disbelief , Riki uses maximum speed, leaving Hwan in frustration .

"MAN, I NEED TO CHASE HIM"
Hwan drove dangerously faster than he thought and he managed to be next to Riki again.  He was about to speed but startled when the police siren sounded .