33 | give a ride

"Dad, you should rest "
Joa scolded her dad for being stubborn and determined to help Joa clean their restaurant . She took away the broom from her dad's handhold and placed it in the corner of the shop before gently pushing her dad's shoulder to sit in the empty chair .

"Sit back and relax, Ryu Joa will take care of everything"
Joa patted her chest .

Her dad just smiled weakly looking at his eldest daughter, this was the first day he came home after being detained in the hospital for a week and the news about Joa being fired from her job really made him feel aggrieved .

Joa worked hard at their restaurant while going out to find other side jobs.  She also applied as a tuition teacher and opened a private tuition service by going from a home to a home . She does what she can to help her family .

Joa sweeps up the garbage, honestly her heart is broken because Jay didn't look for her at all and it's been almost two weeks . But she can't do anything because she's not his real fiancee.  Plus, their engagement has been considered void .

Even though she is sure that Jay will not find her, deep in her heart she still hopes that Jay will also worry about her as she worries about Jay .

"Joa, there is delivery"
Her mum yelled, bringing out a plastic bag with a big box of fried chicken .

Joa immediately washed her hands and rushed to the motorcycle, wearing her helmet and making sure the order was safe .

Joa passed a big road, it was quite crowded since people usually come home from work at this hour . She stopped in front of an apartment and delivered the order to their customer .

It's just a regular day, but Joa really misses the laughter of her students who always make her day better .

She sighed ,
"Let bygones be bygones, Ryu Joa"

She hopped on her motorcycle and sped out of the apartment area . She drives steadily, not until she suddenly loses control when a fancy black car hits her from behind .

Joa and the car lost control, she was thrown from her motorcycle while the car hit a road barrier , producing a lot of smoke coming out of the car .

Joa groaned in pain ,
"Ahh, it hurts"

She rose from her lying position while holding her aching arm , hoping it would endure her pain .
"Who the fuck is so careless as to cause this ?!"

Unbeknownst to her, a man got out of the car with a pair of wobbly legs . He held his stinging forehead and rushed towards Joa, wanting to scold and hit on that woman's head for driving a motorcycle in the middle of the road , not on a path specially prepared for motorcyclists .

"YOU—"
He paused for a second once their eyes met .

"Joa ?"
"Jay ?"

They both said in unison , too surprised by the fate that brought them together .

"Why are you driving on this road ?"
Jay asked Joa as the female grunted in disbelief .

She fought back .
"Why ? Am I forbidden to drive here ?  Does this road belong to your grandma or sum ?"

Jay rolled his eyes .
"Duhh , I think you need to retake your driving class"

He took out his phone, called a technician he knew.  Joa watched him from afar as she rebuilt her motorcycle .

"WHAT ? YOU WILL TAKE MY CAR TO YOUR SHOP BY TOMORROW ?!"
It seems to attract half of Jay's soul, the technician has a tight schedule so he can't come quickly to repair Jay's car .

"How do I want to go home ? My secretary take sick leave today !"
Jay groaned in annoyance as the technician apologized over and over again .

"Fine, take my car to your workshop tomorrow"
Jay said before ending their call.  He ran his fingers through his hair, looks like everything is not in his favour lately .

He glared at Joa, giving him a sharp look once he caught that female eavesdropping on his conversation.

  Joa flinched and immediately reached for her phone and put it on her ear to pretend she didn't just eavesdrop on Jay's conversation .
"Oh yeah? I'm on my way home mom !"

Jay bursted out laughing , making Joa speechless . It creeps her out when he suddenly laughs .

Jay approached Joa and playfully flicked her forehead while laughing .
"Do you think you can fool me , dumbo ?"

"Can purse make calls now ?"

Joa's eyebrows raised on their own ,
"A purse ?"

She glanced at her wrist, noticing that she was holding her purse and not her phone.  Her cheeks turned red with embarrassment .

Jay laughed harder , he started mimicking Joa to tease her more .
"Hello, hello?  Can you hear me?"

Joa huffed in anger , she threw a soft punch on the man's chest as a revenge .
"Stop laughing at me.  You should worry about yourself, how do you want to go home?"

Jay wiggled his eyebrows, he tucked his hands in his pocket to find his wallet .
"Relax, I can take a taxi"

He searched for his wallet for a long time, and that's when he realized that his wallet was not with him .
"Oh man, I left my wallet in the office!"

Joa wants to lend a helping hand but she herself doesn't have any paper money in her purse, except for a few debit cards .

"Do you want me to send you ?"

Jay raised his eyebrows ,
"Send me home using a motorcycle ?"

Joa nodded . She continued ,
"I bet you don't want to freeze here"

Jay did not respond nor answer.  His thoughts are mixed up, should he accept Joa's help?  But, their current relationship makes this all feel awkward, he wondered why Joa didn't react awkwardly when they talked .

"I won't force you if you don't want to, happy to be friends with stray dogs"
Joa who was on her motorcycle said .

"Fine , fine ! Take me to your house first , but i will drive !"
Jay's statement startled Joa .

"You can drive a motorcycle ?"

Jay was offended by her words .
"Hello, you look down on me"

"Back off"

Jay pushed Joa back and sat in front.  He held the handle and twisted it, he looked behind to check on Joa who still looked surprised .

"Do you want to be thrown down ? Hold me tight"

Joa is still clueless making Jay grunted .  He grabbed Joa's hands my surprise and wrapped her hands around his waist with his own .

Joa was surprised, she immediately opened her arms around Jay's waist
"What are you doing—"

"I said hold me, idiot"
However, her attempt was canceled when Jay caught her hands and wrapped them around his waist once again .

Joa completely sealed her lips, it's too sudden for her.  Their dangerously close distance and sudden skin-ship made Joa's heart beat faster .

Jay turned on the engine and started their journey, he turned out to be smart in controlling the motorcycle .

Unbeknownst to her, it's not only her heart that beats fast but Jay's heart also feels that way . Their hearts beat in a rhyme that only they can hear .

"I miss you ,"
They secretly whispered to each other .

____

Sorry for being offline for weeks , actually it's currently my exam weeks that's why i'm focusing on my studies and accidentally forgot that I have a wattpad account sksksk pls forgive me 😭😭😭❤️❤️

Here's cupcakes for you guys for patiently waiting for me
🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁🧁