(Niji) Learning to Love You Pt. 3

Yo. Welcome to Niji part three! I dunno if this is the last one or if y'all want more, but if you do I'd love to write it! I'm also trying to make this a sad chapter, and I know I'm not good at that but I'm inspired y'all.

I had escaped with Niji after having him eat and get changed. We escaped through the window and down into the alleyway behind the castle. I drug Niji behind me, he was trying to keep up with me.

I pulled him across Germa, holding desperately onto his arm, so scared to lose him. I knew we hadn't seen each other in years, but I was terrified to see him suffer such a horrible fate.

Niji and I stopped on a hill to take a breath, but when he saw his chance he ripped his arm away from me. "YN, what are you doing?" He asked, a frown on his face. "You realize what's gonna happen, right? You're gonna get married and live a life with someone you care nothing about!" I yelled. "Yeah, but this time neither of us can run." He said, sighing. "Why? You seemed so excited to leave the castle." I said, looking into the eyes of Niji. "Because, I can't keep running from my destiny, YN. I'm gonna have to marry someone eventually, I'm royalty, YN. You should know that better than anyone." Niji said, sighing. "W-What?! I came here to get you, why don't you want to-" I said as he cut me off. "YN! The only other person I could marry is you, and you're a damn pirate now! I don't want to take you away from the life that you so desperately wanted when you were royalty." He said, his voice wobbling. "You're so free now! You're clearly happy! I don't want you to live like that again!" He yelled, shoving me away. "But Niji-" I said as he cut me off. "No! YN, I only want you to be happy, and I know for a fact if you marry me, you won't be. Isn't that what you said before?" He said, an usual cold tone in his voice.

"Niji..." I said, tears entering my eyes. I clenched my teeth. "Then why the hell'd you leave the castle with me?! Why did you go if you didn't want to be saved?!" I yelled, tears falling down my cheeks. "Because... I just wanted to see you again before I lost the chance forever." He said, lifting his trademarked goggles from off his eyes. "What..?" I asked, the tears stopping for a moment. "Yeah! My dad never liked you in the first place. Like hell he'd let me talk to you again if you didn't marry me." Niji said, tears in his lovely eyes.

He sat down on the ground next to me. He put his arms around my head and he pulled me into his chest. "You're a wonderful woman, YN. I'm so glad that you were in my life for the time that you were, but now our paths are going different ways. We can't be together, even though deep down I want that so badly." He said, tears falling down his cheeks, his forehead pressed against mine. "I'd give anything to make you happy, YN. I'd die for you. It's only a little issue I have to marry someone to keep you happy-" He said as I cut him off.

"Do I look happy, Niji?!" I yelled, holding on tight to his shoulders. "I love you, and I missed you. I would love to marry you, and before I was just too young. Niji, I was nineteen." I said, the tears still falling down my cheeks. "W-What?" He said, his gaze towards me. "Yeah! I was just too young to marry you before! I'd gladly marry you now and completely give up the pirate life if I could live a somewhat normal, peaceful life with you!" I yelled, holding onto the blue-haired man's shoulders.

Niji stood up, releasing my grasp on his shoulders. "Alright YN." He said, picking me up into a wedding style carry. "If we make it in time, we can convince my dad to marry us." He said, a smile on his face.