LI. Imperfect Past

Ava's POV:

Winnie hasn't came to school for three days.

The school bell rang, and cheer practice was canceled. I wasn't in the mood to socialize so I went home.

Before I had the chance to get to the car, I spotted a familiar face in the distance.

"Coming?" Trevon interrupted.

"Why don't you go home without me? I think I'm going to catch a ride with someone else."

"You sure?"

"Yeah."

Trevon fidgeted in his spot, "You're not still mad at what I did to Lyah, right? I mean, I did apologize to her, and she said it was fine." After the Lyah's incident, I gave Trevon an earful. We talked it out and came to an understanding that we should've thought more about Lyah.

So, we went to her house to apologize. Lyah said what happened didn't bother her - she had bigger issues to deal with.

"I did some reflection, and how I acted was bound to blow up in my face. So, no biggie."

"I'm not angry at that. I just need to meet up with someone."

"Okay." Trevon exhaled, "I'll catch you later, Eli."

I forgot Eli was with us. "You're still here?"

"Wow. Hurtful," He presses a palm above his chest, "I'm your boyfriend."

"I have to go talk to someone."

Eli nods.

"Privately."

"I assumed."

"You can-"

"Hi, guys!" Mary walked toward us and stopped. "A few of us are going out for smoothies. You two in?"

"No, I have some other plans," I said.

Mary looked at Eli, "With you?"

Eli shakes his head, "Nope."

"In for some smoothies?"

Eli stretches his neck and looks at the group behind her, "Nah. There's no one I want to impress in that group."

Mary chuckles, "Free smoothies."

"Did you say the F word?"

Mary smiles wide, "I did, indeed, say the F word."

Eli looks at me, "She said the F w0rd."

I gave them a flat smile, "She did, indeed, say the F word. You can go with them."

Eli's attention went back to Mary, and a squeezing sensation in my chest appeared, "Is it far?"

"Just a block away from here."

"My car is here. Is it okay if I bring it?"

"No." Mary shakes her head, "All six of us can squeeze into one car."

"Need a ride?"

"Desperately."

Mary and the group walked to the parking lot. Eli kisses my cheek, "See you later." He walks down the stairs and toward the parking lot with everyone else.

I watch as Eli and Mary get into the car, and off they go. I learn that anything outside of yourself is out of your control. And even when something is within your control, you should think of the best route and take that instead of making an outcome that satisfies only yourself. 

All because I don't like Eli and Mary being beside each other, doesn't mean I'll stop them. They're good friends, and Eli is a great boyfriend. 

Jealousy isn't a reason to force an ultimatum.