"Are You Listening?"

Reader as "Y/N"

Reader as "Y/N"

Manny Montana as "Rio/Christopher"

From the moment Rio found you angrily wiping down the kitchen counters, there had been nothing but tension

From the moment Rio found you angrily wiping down the kitchen counters, there had been nothing but tension. For the first ten minutes, he was oblivious to the fact. He was too busy answering texts and was very clearly preoccupied with business. Taking a moment to notice your anger, he asked the one question that would set you off. "What's wrong, mama?"

No, he wasn't a mind reader, but how could he not know. You had only been asking him to try to make time for you for months. Three nights in a row, Rio had made empty promises. There were failed dinner reservations on night one. Surprisingly, he'd managed to make your movie date the second night. Only Rio had left you thirty minutes into the film to finish it alone. Supposedly some business needed handling, and it couldn't wait. He urged you to stay and enjoy it. Mick would get you home safely. Tonight consisted of a failed candle-lit dinner (also his idea). Rio had called minutes after you had taken the meal out of the oven. "Go ahead and eat without me. I'm not sure what time I'll be there. Sorry, mama." All these things led to the argument that was taking place in the middle of your spacious kitchen.

"There's always a business trip to take. Always an issue with something that only you can solve. You constantly have to run behind that thirsty ass bitch of a stalker you call a business associate. All because said associate is constantly fucking up the plan. You're never here! I get more dick from my vibrator than I do my husband!"

"Is the problem I'm never home, or do you just need some dick? Are you touch starved mama? Feeling needy, a little neglected?"

Rio was starting to pluck at your nerves in the worst way. It was kind of backfiring, the conversation began to aggravate him. He hated when you complained about him working too much.

"It's all of the above ni-you know what I'm tired of repeating myself. It's clear you're not listening and don't give a fuck, Christopher."

"I've been listening."

"Listening to respond. Not to understand me, Rio!"

"You're tired of saying it. I'm tired of hearing it, darlin'."