"Under the Mask"

Simon 'Ghost' Riley (Call of Duty) x Black!Reader.
(credit to the artists' drawings I used to create the mood board).

"You've really outdone yourself, love," Simon murmured to his wife, his hand gently resting on her lower back

"You've really outdone yourself, love," Simon murmured to his wife, his hand gently resting on her lower back. Her presence was a calming balm to his often troubled mind.

"Only the best for you boys," she replied with a smile, her eyes twinkling with mischief.

Dinner was in full swing when Soap, ever the joker, decided to stir things up. He had noticed the way Simon's eyes followed his wife, the way his fingers twitched slightly whenever you were near, protective and adoring all at once. It was an easy target, too tempting to resist.

"So, love," Soap began, his voice loud enough to capture the room's attention, "did Simon ever tell you about the time he saved my arse in Uzbekistan?"

She laughed, a sound that sent a ripple of warmth through Simon's chest. "I don't think I've heard that one."

"Oh, it's a good one," Soap continued, leaning in slightly, his blue eyes twinkling with mischief. "But what I want to know is, how did he manage to snag someone as beautiful as you?"

The room fell silent for a moment before erupting into laughter. Simon's eyes narrowed, but there was a hint of amusement in them. He knew Soap's game.

"Careful, Soap," Price warned, though he was chuckling himself. "You don't want to provoke the beast."

"Oh, I'm not worried," Soap said with a grin, turning back to Simon's wife. "If he hasn't killed me by now, I think I'm safe."

You played along, your smile widening. "Well, I have to say, he did have some competition. But there's something about a man in a skull mask that's hard to resist."

Simon groaned inwardly, his hand tightening slightly on his knife. "MacTavish, you're pushing it."

"Am I?" Soap asked innocently, his hand resting lightly on your shoulder. "I'm just saying, if you ever get tired of the mask, you know where to find me."

The room burst into laughter again, but Simon's eyes darkened. He knew it was all in good fun, but there were limits. He stood up, his imposing figure casting a shadow over the table.

"Alright, that's enough," Simon said, his voice low and calm but carrying an undeniable edge.

Soap raised his hands in mock surrender. "Easy there, mate. Just having a bit of fun."

You stepped in, your hand gently touching Simon's arm. "It's okay, love. They're just teasing."

He looked down at you, his hard expression softening instantly. "I know. But they should know better."

The crew roared with laughter, enjoying the rare sight of Simon Riley flustered and protective. It was a side of him they seldom saw, and it made the night even more memorable.

As the evening drew to a close, the teasing died down, replaced by genuine camaraderie and the kind of easy conversation that only came with years of trust and friendship. Simon pulled you close, pressing a kiss to your temple.

"Thank you," he whispered. "For everything."

"Anytime," you replied, your eyes full of love. "But next time, you handle the teasing."

Simon chuckled, a deep, rumbling sound that seemed to vibrate through your entire being. "Deal."

And as the night wore on, filled with laughter, stories, and the warmth of those they loved, Simon Riley knew he was exactly where he was meant to be.

Comments and Votes greatly appreciated♥️.