♡︎

"I saw this video on TikTok where they was cutting people's hair off then giving them wigs," Caren told me, "But they didn't actually cut they hair off."

"That's the one you sent me during third period, right?" I asked her, walking side by side as we left out of the school doors and into the humid Houston air of August.

"Fucking bitch," Caren said slowly, looping her arm with mine. "Don't look," she grabbed my cheek and turned my head towards her, walking quicker.

Like that'd stop me from looking.

"Nahh. Nahh. I wanna see. Cause if it's who I think it is," I started.

Caren kept trying to pull me away but I broke free and turned in the direction she was trying to keep me from. Some stud and Nolina were arguing while Tara shook her head on the sidelines with the cute shawty from earlier. The stud was a little bit shorter than me, with a light tee on, some cargo shorts, and some piercings.

 The stud was a little bit shorter than me, with a light tee on, some cargo shorts, and some piercings

"Nolina!" I shouted, walking towards the commotion. I don't even know who's side I'm on right now. Was I walking towards them to help Lina? Was I gonna make shit worse? Should I slap the fuck out of Tara?

"Nolina!" I shouted again, letting the crowd part around me as Lina and the stud stopped arguing to look at me.

"Gi, I swear I was gonna tell you," she started, nervously running her hands through her red hair.

"Don't even, man. You really had all summer and all the school day to come and talk to me about shit," I stated, shaking my head. I saw Tara stepping closer to the commotion, her demeanor completely different now. I guess since I was in the mix of things she was tired of standing around and watching her girlfriend be verbally attacked.

"Who's this? What's going on?" I demanded at Lina.

I guess I was gonna help my friend after all. Good shot, me.

"Apparently Tara's been cheating," Lina swung her head around to give Tara a dirty look. "I gave you my heart and you do this shit, Tee."

"Man, I'm sorry. We all make mistakes okay," Tara sighed, trying to approach Lina.