♡︎

"Yesss, I love me some tacos."

"I'm just glad to be out of that hot ass gown. I wish we could've kept it though. Paid all that money just to get it cleaned and rented," I grumbled.

"Stop complaining, and go ahead and order before the waitress comes back."

We were sitting in a little taco shop. Me, Caren, Nolina, and Tara at a small table while their parents sat some tables back away from us, enjoying their drinks from the bar.

"I'm just getting mine with meat and cheese," I stated, looking at the smudged lamented menu.

"Boring," Nolina claimed.

"I'm getting meat, lettuce, tomatoes..."

Tara droned on about the whole pile of crops she wanted on her taco while I stared at Lina.

How did she feel seeing us after learning she couldn't walk? Was she jealous? Sad? Angry? Mad? I definitely would've been pissed if I were her because Felicity's messy ass got to walk. And I wasn't paying attention to whether Adrianna got to or not.

"...and hot sauce," Tara finally finished.

"Well, I guess we'll be seeing you in the bathroom soon then, huh?" Nolina chuckled. She slowly stood, smoothing down the black dress she had worn to the food place.

"Where you going?" Caren asked, looking up as she chewed on some salty tortilla chips.

"Bathroom."

"I'm coming."

"Um, is the whole table leaving?" Tara asked as we all stood in unison.

"No. Because you have to stay behind so they don't think we ditched the table," I stated.

"Bruh," Tara groaned. "I have to piss."

"You can go after we all come back," I smiled, lightly punching her.

"Didn't even feel it."

"Don't provoke me," I rolled my eyes, leaving with the girls.

"So...have you decided yet?" Caren asked curiously.

"Ughh. Why does everyone keep asking me that?"

"Because it's a valid and important question...?"

"I agree. I'm curious. I feel like the two of you are made for each other," Nolina stated.

"I told her we could date after high school and that's that. She stayed true to her word and didn't fuck around with anybody this whole year. She stayed loyal to me. But that's still a big decision to be making at my age."

"You're acting like you finna have a kid wit shawty or something," Caren rolled her eyes. "Middle schoolers be in full-on relationships."

"It's just...an important decision to me that's all," I tan my tongue across my lip, pushing it into my mouth. It was sore, and the skin was probably busted-looking.

"Well, y'all aren't high schooler's no more. You're graduated," Nolina reminded me.

"Speaking of graduated: how are you doing, man?" I asked her, also trying to switch the topic.

"I didn't really care about walking. It would've been nice but...beating Felicity's ass even a little bit, although I didn't necessarily win, was worth it."

"You think you'll think that when you're older too?" Caren asked, staring at her.

Nolina only shrugged.

I could sense she didn't really wanna talk about it, so I went into the stall, trying to think of a way to fill the conversation.

"Anything special planned for- Ah! Mm-mm!"