♡︎

"So she doesn't know that you used to like Tara? Like, she hasn't connected two and two that the name you moaned is Tara's nickname," Caren confirmed, slurping on her drink at lunch.

"No. But I'm sure it won't take long," I shrugged, trying to find Adrianna's face amongst the crowds of people in the cafeteria.

"My ear aches bruh," Caren complained, rubbing at the base of it.

"I would've told her, but...I just fucked up and blurted a lie out and now if I correct my mistake it'll look like I lied intentionally," I sighed.

"But why did you ever have the idea in your mind that Tara's an old fling if you and Tara never went out or anything..."

I pressed my lips together, not sure how much I should tell her. "I had a small crush on Tee for awhile," I lied, knowing damn well I still did, "I kind of told Adrianna about it on Sunday."

"Girl, you den got yourself in some deep shit. She's the only one who knows this...?"

"Adrianna and...Tee," I blushed.

"And what if Adrianna doesn't realize the magnitude of things and accidentally blabbers to somebody that you used to like Tara. Then that'll be all over the school and make Nolina's rumor seem true," Caren explained.

"I know. I should talk to her about it," I sighed. "And I don't even care about the rumor anymore. What's said is said. I guess...I like studs."

"I knew it...but anyways you needa get on it. Eventually, all things hidden will be revealed, and shit's gonna get ugly."

"There y'all are," Adrianna said, standing over the table with her tray.

"How's your day been?" I asked, looking up at her.

"Liar," she sneered, dumping the entire tray over my head, open milk carton and all. I flung the liquid off of me and chunked a biscuit that ended up on my head at her.

"The fuck's wrong with you?" I snapped.

"No, no. I got this," Caren slapped Adrianna across the face, and started throwing punches. Adrianna easily got her off of her, having a strength and height advantage. "The fuck you did that to my friend for?"

"You lied. You lied about you and Tara," Adrianna shouted. "You're a fucking slut. We're not dating anymore, and quite frankly, our sex was boring."

"It was boring because yo dumb ass was there. Loose pussy ass bitch," I shouted. Caren held me back, and seeing that wasn't working, stepped on my foot hard.

"Get off me! I wanna punch the shit outta her, Caren!"

"Don't expect to see me here anymore," Adrianna said, giving everyone watching a glare and walking away with her head held high.

Caren finally let me go, and I shoved her off of me.

"Why'd you hold me back, man?"

"You needa calm down, Gi. There's more important things you need to worry about," she warned.

Caren was the one who started throwing punches though?

I finally looked around me, at everyone staring and recording. I grabbed my shit and slouched away from the table, too angry to even feel like crying.

Things had gone to shit faster than I had expected they would. Caren was right. And my big plan had failed. There wouldn't be any forgetting this, not after today. No...everyone in this school will not let me forget this moment.

"C'mon. Let's get you cleaned up," Caren said, running after me.

"I just," I could feel a breakdown emerging, so before a tear could fall, I punched the locker. It hurt like hell, but when I removed myself from the situation, it was my body being hurt. Not Gialla. I punched it again, both my hands in little fists as I watched the weak metal bend and creak.