♡︎

"So that's why y'all didn't want me to go in the bathroom after I left the counselor's?" I asked. They had spelled the shit out for me and I didn't even peep the signs. Caren had followed me around all day after that with big puppy dog eyes, trying to apologize to me.

Tara was nowhere to be found.

"Yes...look, you weren't there and Tara needed a shoulder to cry on," Caren said tentatively. "But I know what I did was wrong and I'm sorry."

"You lucky you're receiving the new and improved Gialla. Because I promise you that the last update would have smashed your head into the lockers by now," I laughed, trying to keep myself from doing just that. "So because Tara was lonely without me, my best friend happily decided to hop on my girl friend's strap."

"It wasn't like that. Shit- Shit just happened, Tara. I mean- Gialla," Caren blushed.

"You can have her. I don't deal with cheaters," I scoffed. "Ain't no fixing a relationship after that, and anyone who thinks so is playing they self for real."

"Gialla, don't be like that."

"I forgive you," I stopped walking, my face close to hers. "Because as Tara Jonas' ex, I don't have the right to be mad that she's fucking around with another girl." There. I'm not Tara's girlfriend. There. If that's what everybody wanted all along then the shit's done.

"You're gonna break up with her," Caren asked, her eyes tearing up.

"Hell yeah. So yeah. We can be friends, Caren. But never will I bring another girlfriend around you. And never will Tara and I be together. Period. Simple."

Caren fumbled for her words for a moment, before clasping her hands together. "Please...just give Tara another chance. I fucked up. Blame me. Not her."

"Nahh. I hate you for it, but at the end of the day, Tara had a duty as my girlfriend to remain loyal to me as far as cheating. You didn't." I shook my head, "It's just sad because y'all knew it was wrong. One hour ago I thought y'all were some real bitches to still be my side through all the shit. Turns out, like Felicity was the side hoe in Nolina and Tara's case, you were the side hoe for me and Tara."

"Hold on now. Don't get to calling me a hoe," Caren defended herself. "I might have been wrong but I didn't fuck around with two studs in the same month like you."

"That's because you couldn't juggle more than one if you wanted to," I said pettily, "As Lina said earlier, you want that cheater, you can have her."

"It shouldn't be like this between me and you, man," Caren said regretfully, her anger dimming down.

I shook my head. "No. It shouldn't be. Whenever y'all pop out together, give me a heads up so I'm not at school that day," I told her bitterly.

"Man," she cried out, watching me walk away. "You really done with us like that? Who you gonna be friends with now? Huh? You can't just do that!"

She wanna hold being my friend over my head like it's a privilege to fuck with Caren's ass? Bull-shit.

"I guess myself is the only thing I need, huh?" I asked her rhetorically, glancing back at her and giving her the casual finger.

Maybe letting Tara go was apart of me bettering myself.

I'll keep that in mind before I think twice about getting another shawty.

Comment. Follow. Enjoy.