♡︎

"It can't be Tara's. She doesn't own a car," I laughed, waiting for Nolina to bust out laughing and tell us this shit's a joke.

"You're playing, right?" Caren laughed nervously.

"I'm not. The car isn't necessarily, Tara's," Lina said specifically. "It's her mom's. And she lets her use it when she needs to. I've given Tara head in that car plenty of times."

I cringed. My heart still wasn't over the girl, after all.

"Okay, ew," Caren stated firstly, "but are you sure?"

"Not too many cars in that year model, that same color, riding around the Alyssum area. Let alone Houston."

"So she's been watching me? But why," I asked myself out loud.

"Obsessed maybe," Caren shrugged, "Cause ain't no way she doing some shit like that."

"Did this start when you moved out to your dad's?"

"Yeah. I think as soon as I did, or maybe a few days afterwards," I explained. "Remember, I waited a little to go back to school after I was released."

"Even while she was dating you?" Nolina frowned. "If she wanted to make sure you were safe...which is the only theory we all really wanna go with, why didn't she just offer to drop you off at home after school?" Nolina asked.

"Maybe she was stalking," I said.

"There's nothing logical about Tara. Let's remember this guys," Caren stated.

"First Adrianna in her car throwing out a bottle, not this with Tara," I threw up my hands. I frowned, remembering something. "One day when the car was following me, I heard laughter from the car. So that means that not only is she making me uncomfortable everyday after school, she's also amused by the shit."

"I'd expect that from her cheating ass," Nolina sneered.

"Guys," Caren held up her hands for us to stop. "We should leave school a different way one day and see if her car is at her apartment complex. Then we'd No for sure if she's following Gialla."

"So while she's looking for me after school to follow me home-

"Wait. But wouldn't her car have to be in the student lot, though?" Nolina frowned, cutting me off. "Cause her complex is close, but not close enough for her to run out of school, beat the foot traffic and real traffic around campus and be there to follow you home everyday after school. She'd have to be parking that car in the student lot."

"That'd be some real determination if she did do what you said at first," Caren commented.

We all moved to the sofa, kicking our shoes off.

"So she must be parking it in the student lot," I rested my chin in my hand. "After school, I want you guys to stand near the student lot. Run from your last classes like crazy and stay there. If you spot a car that color leaving, I'll let you know if I see her following me via my phone."

"It's a reasonable plan," Nolina shrugged.

"I'm in," Caren agreed.

"Okay," I smiled, "it feels good to have a game plan."

Comment. Follow. Enjoy.