Thirty - one | Thnks fr the Mmrs

"Alright

"Alright. Come on. Enough of the silent treatment," My colleague and only friend in the city, Nala, groans, dropping to floor. "What do you want to eat?"

"You're not going to like my answer." I finally answer, not looking up from my computer as I scroll through some online shop. I have been shopping for a solid hour now. I know I can't pay for any of this, but the satisfaction of putting things into the cart is enough for me. My eyes are actually starting to hurt.

"Chinese again?" She groans out dramatically, her hand is running through her hair, long hair. "You're killing me."

A smile tugs at my lips as I glance at her for a moment, before going back to scrolling. I love annoying her by doing absolutely nothing.

"You know what? Fine." She says annoyed, picking herself off the floor and going to grab her phone from her desk. "At least it's food." I smile. She grabs her subway card as she opens the door to our dorm. "Love you, Nala!"

"Fuck off," she answers before the door shuts behind her. The best way to get what I want to eat from Nala is to give her the silence treatment until she gets so hungry that she lets me win.

Spending time with Nala and occasionally hearing her on the call with her boyfriend makes me miss Luke even more than I should. I can't even describe how much I miss him.

It's just not fair. It's not fair that I feel this way. It's not fair that I can't enjoy the feeling that I was most certain I would enjoy five months ago. I thought that I would be happy, but I just feel on edge without him. I am happy that him and I are still friends, but it isn't enough. Just being known to Luke as a friend is not enough. I don't think it will ever be enough.

After about twenty minutes of playing sketchy games on my laptop, Nala comes back with a bag from my favourite Chinese place. It's a small little shop about across town and they have the best sushi in NYC.

My face lights up when I see her and I close my laptop, putting it on my bed in front of me before reaching out my hands and grasping the air. She scoffs as she walks past me, holding it out of my reach as she kicks off her shoes.

My arms fall to my lap with a huff and I give her my best 'give me what I want' smile. "No, don't do that." She sits on my bed beside me and opens the bag, taking her sweet time to take out the food inside. She finally takes out my food, but doesn't hand it to me.

I roll my lips into my mouth before saying. "Thank you, Nala."

I snatch it from her hands, making her laugh. Us hanging out like this just makes me miss Luke ten times more. How we hung out three weeks ago, eating, watching Star Wars and just enjoying each other company. Maybe I was the only one enjoying the company. I just hope he is happy now.

"Do you miss him?" Nala asks bluntly, which makes me snap out of my trance and look at her with my eyes squinted. I look down at my chest to see the necklace Luke gave me.