Alternative ending | What a Feeling

No one told me that if I agree to fake date my crush who is my college roommate's ex-girlfriend that I'd have to chase after a toddler who just discovered the ability to outrun me while having another child dying to show me his new skateboard tric...

No one told me that if I agree to fake date my crush who is my college roommate's ex-girlfriend that I'd have to chase after a toddler who just discovered the ability to outrun me while having another child dying to show me his new skateboard tricks, one that cut his arm and thinks he's dying, another that has decided that it would be fun to eat a rock and another begging for ice cream. No one told me!

"No! Hayden!" I yell as he speeds through the park. He laughs loudly before he stops. Something has caught his attention. He drops to the floor, picking it up before running back to me. It's a dead lizard. He stands on his toes before handing it to me. "Uh- thanks." He smiles before running back to his stroller.

Without him noticing, I chuck the dead lizard away before rubbing my hands onto my clothes. Gross. "Dad!" My son Elijah screams for me. "Yes, Elijah?" I turn around to face him.

He steps into his skateboard, placing his feet in and odd way before jumping up with the skateboard practically stuck to his feet. My eyes go wide since I'm genuinely impressed by what this kid can do. "That was so cool, bud." I fist bump him before telling him to follow me back to the car.

I watch as he skateboards beside me. I strap Hayden into his stroller before walking towards the car while Kaden cries about the small cut on his arm. "I'm dying, dad!" He shouts, pointing at the blood. "You're not." I sigh while Indy tugs on my shirt. "Dad, I want an ice cream!" I shake my head as we reach the car.

As quick as I can, I buckle Hayden into his car seat since I know if I turn my back on him, he'll runaway. The other four help themselves while I put the stroller away and grab the giant first aid kit in the trunk.

I grab a band-aid before making my way towards Kaden. He shows me his cut and I quickly place the band-aid over the blood. He screams loudly, making me jump before he begins laughing. "I guess my NFL career is over." He giggles, looking at the band-aid. My face scrunches up as I look at the length of his body that is covered in band-aids. "Your NFL career was over the day you were born." He shoots me a look, knowing he can't disagree with how accident prone he is. I quickly place a kiss on his forehead before making my way to the drivers seat.

As I start the car, the kids begin their chatter which slowly drives me insane. "Dad!" Cesar shouts and I look through my rear view mirror, waiting for him to talk. "I think the rock went into my lungs." He coughs loudly and dramatically. "I- I don't know, Cesar. Just let it dissolve or something."

"Dad!" Now Indy is yelling. "Put on some music that goes boom!" She shouts over her brothers and I smile. I know exactly what she wants. I press play on my phone that is connected to the Bluetooth in my car as Bring Me The Horizon begins playing. I know this isn't child friendly music, but Noah introduced all of my kids to this type of music and it's the only thing the want to listen to.

My oldest, Elijah was our IVF baby. It was a long and expensive journey, but it was all worth it in the end. The minute I laid eyes on him, I cried like baby. He was so tiny and fragile. It was a miracle that we were able to have a biological child. The is two years older than Kaden. Cesar was our first foster child. For the first month of his life, he stayed in the hospital as he was born premature before we could finally meet him. but you know what they say about time flying by. I blinked and my kids were crawling, then walking then they were talking. Sometimes I wish they never learnt that last feature because they never stop.