Fifty - four | lonely roads

The following chapter contains graphic depictions of blood and gore, which some readers may find disturbing.

Reader discretion is advised.

The day I met Indra was weird

The day I met Indra was weird. I just finished writing my business exam and I was walking back into my apartment when I saw a random girl sitting on my couch. I was nineteen at the time in my second year while she was eighteen and only in her first year. I had never been drawn to someone so much before, I've never wanted to be a part of someone's life as I did with her.

She was attentive, she was talkative and for sure she was breathtakingly beautiful. I was nervous to talk to her so I would avoid her but when I found out that my roommate was dating her, it just made things worse. I would constantly see her at my apartment. It was a nightmare, I constantly felt nervous and on edge. She was everywhere...literally.

Almost six years later and I still get nervous around her. Matter of fact, it got worse.

I didn't even know I was capable of being this in love. I know people say that you fall in love with your partner more and more every day and they were right. There are moments when I can just look at her and get the wind knocked out of me.

We've become so close and the thing about being so connected with someone is that you can feel when something is different. I don't know if it's just me but I have a knot in my stomach right now. I feel sick. I just feel like something is wrong.

As I lean against my car, my arm draped over Indra as we watch four cars line up to race, one of the drivers being Diego. I've already put my money on him because I know there is no shot that any of these other drivers will be able to beat him.

Every racer knows that it's almost impossible to beat my friends and I considering that we've been racing at Overdrive for over five years. These young racers are stupid to even try, but if they tried to race Noah, there would be no word to describe how dumb they are.

"Hey, Norah." Norah and Atlas appear in front of us. "Hey!" She greets her back, jerking her chin at me. "You want to get a drink with me?" Without hesitation, Indra pulls away from me and the two disappear into the crowd, leaving Atlas behind.

"Do you also have a weird feeling right now?" My gaze turns to Atlas as he stands beside me and leans against my car. "Glad I'm not the only one." I reply. "Me too." We both turn our heads to where the voice is to see Dylan walking towards us with three beers in his hands.

We all stare at the race track waiting for the winner to be announced as Casper brings the walkie-talkie to his lips. He says something into it and Atlas's walkie-talkie goes off. "Diego won again. He wants to split the winning money with you guys." A smile slowly grows on my face as I look at my friends. We just made another couple of thousands.

As I take another sip of my beer, I hear the police radio in my car go off to report street racing. My body freezes as I slowly look at the crowd and reach for my walkie-talkie. "Cops! Cops! Cops!" I shout and Casper immediately gets the message. "Everyone go! Cops!"