Chapter I: Roasted Lavender Melons

After reporting back to Jean, Lumine and Paimon used a Teleport Waypoint to Liyue Harbor. Upon arriving, the market area appears to be more livelier than usual. People are running towards Wanmin restaurant.

    Paimon stopped a passerby. “Hi! What’s happening in the harbor?”

    “Xianling and a chef from Inazuma are doing a cook-off!”

    As the passerby runs away, Lumine already knows what Paimon will say.

    “We need to go!" the floating girl pulled Lumine.

    Inside the Wanmin restaurant, Xianling and Kiminami Anna have started their cook-off. It seems that the two chefs had a dispute about dumplings and decided to compete against each other's recipes.

    “But we can’t ask someone from Liyue or Inazuma to judge," Anna declared, “we need someone impartial.”

    “And that is Paimon!” she squealed.

    Xianling and Anna turned towards where Lumine and Paimon stood outside of the kitchen area. After exchanging greetings, they decided that Paimon is indeed the best judge they can have right now.

    “Paimon, I need to do something immediately," Lumine sneakily checked her flute inside her pack, “I’ll be back a bit late this evening.”

    "Don’t worry Lumine," Xianling smiled as she mixed her dough, “Paimon needs to concentrate as the best judge.”

    “Are you sure you don’t need the best travel guide in Teyvat?"

    Though Paimon shows concern, it is clear that she doesn’t want to leave and pass on the chance to eat delicious food.

    “Xianling and Anna need your expertise here," Lumine said, “I just need to uhm– deliver something to Wangshu Inn and be back.”

    “Okay, take care!”

    Lumine nearly ran towards the Teleport Waypoint. Will he be there? She knows that he’ll answer her call anytime she speaks his name. But today she wanted to talk to him alone, and thinking about Xiao made her heart flutter. He is her friend and wants to help him as a friend. But then the butterflies won’t go away no matter how many times she tries to convince herself that she is not attracted to the Yaksha.

    There’s a sense of celebration when Lumine arrived at Wangshu Inn. Verr Goldet is talking to Huai’an, who is currently giving her a bunch of flowers and boxed gifts. The couple seemed to be in deep talk and Lumine didn't want to bother them so when Verr saw her, Lumine pointed to the kitchen and Verr just waved her away. The inn owner knows the Traveler very well that’s why she lets her and Paimon stay for the lowest rates every time the duo stays for the night. Lady Ningguang also ordered her to help the duo as much as she can. She also personally trusts the Traveler which is why it’s not an issue if the Traveler would sometimes drop by to use their kitchen.

    Verr also knows that the Traveler will always leave food for the resident Yaksha whenever she drops by. There were also times when the adeptus would accompany her around Dihua Marsh whenever Verr commissioned something for the Traveler. Smiley Yanxiao reported that the Traveler’s Almond Tofu tastes more exquisite than his’ and the Conqueror of Demons prefers hers as well. Whenever the Traveler leaves food for the Yaksha, Verr would notice how the adeptus would smile as he savored every bite.

    As Lumine enters the Kitchen, she is surprised by the amount of food Smiley is making. Instinctively taking out her kitchen knife to help, she tapped Smiley at his back. Seeing her made him smile in relief.