Chapter X: To Kill A God part 2

Ch. X - To Kill a God part 2

Paimon floats back and forth around their camp at Jueyun Karst. Zhongli suggested that they need a location where people rarely come so the Goddess of Seals, Jiasuo, won’t be able to use innocent people to do her bidding. Apparently, she can use the so-called ‘thread of fate’ for her personal gain and people without Visions are easier to manipulate.

“Paimon please stop floating around,” Keqing places her hands on her waist, “my head is starting to spin because you keep on going everywhere.”

“I’m sorry I didn’t mean to give you a headache,” Paimon stops in front of the Yuheng, “but I’m super nervous right now! I miss Lumine, I want to see her now!”

“I want to see her too.” Xiao appears out of nowhere and looks penseively at their camp fire.

 Keqing wants to comfort the Yaksha but she doesn’t know how.

“Xiao! Stop appearing out of nowhere!” Paimon squealed, “Do you have any updates regarding the Traveler?”

“No, I have combed through Liyue again but I still don’t know where she can be.”

“Oh…”, Paimon’s head bows in disappointment.

Chongyun and Ningguang walk towards the group and all of them exchange information regarding the plan.

“I do hope I can be of assistance, Conqueror of Demons,” Chongyun bows, “I’m still young and inexperienced but I will do everything I can to help.”

Xiao nods back at the young exorcist and he doesn’t say it but the aura around Chongyun is very calming. If the Traveler feels like the warm summer sun, Chongyun’s aura is like a tranquil winter breeze. He discreetly sits closer to Chongyun as the group continues discussing their plans.

“I thought Zhongli will be with you, Lady Ningguang,” Keqing hands the Tianquan a cup of tea.

Ningguang takes it and she looks Keqing in the eye, “He said he will fetch Lady Shenhe himself and I trust him not to jump at every beautiful lady he sees.”

They stare at each other for a while and Keqing’s ears become red as she looks away. He’s mine, dear Keqing.

Xiao suddenly flinches and the group looks towards him.

“I can feel Jiasuo’s presence,” Xiao immediately stands up and conjures his spear, “Stay alert.”

As Xiao disappears, Paimon takes out a small yellow Sigil and hands it over to Ningguang. Ningguang starts to chant and call upon the Adepti. They can feel them gather around the area, and a spiritual barrier is slowly set up. 

Paimon pumps her fist, “Let’s start Operation: Lumine Moon Viewing!”

The group starts to prepare around their camp as they set up multiple seals around the perimeter. Tension fills the air as they wait for Xiao to arrive. Xiao is the one assigned to catch Jiasuo while the people around the camp will set up a seal; Chongyun, Shenhe and Zhongli will help seal her. Due to unforeseen circumstances, Shenhe needed to help the adepti somewhere else and Zhongli went out to fetch her. Ningguang and Keqing will be their patrol and support the sealers when needed.