The Unforgivables

Y/N woke and stretched. He looked through his bed curtains to his clock.

6:15am

Gizmo woke moments later and did his usual- rushing over Y/N, jumping, dancing and licking. Y/N held the Niffler out, tickled his belly and pulled him in for a tight hug. As soon as Y/N released the hug Gizmo broke out in his happy dance.

 As soon as Y/N released the hug Gizmo broke out in his happy dance

"Morning Gizmo. Missed you too. It was a long three hours" Y/N chuckled.

He dressed in shorts and a tank top, Na-Hath woke and squawked happily, causing Newt to wake and wave. Y/N picked Newt up and placed him on his shoulder, Na-Hath and Gizmo following him to the room of requirement.

He fed his kids their breakfast before pushing himself through a gruelling workout, showering and changing. He and the kids went down to breakfast. Y/N summoned Dobby and asked him to undertake a very important task with a Phoenix Bearer.

Y/N sat down and dished out his eggs. He finished them and pulled out the book for Curse Breaking and read for about ten minutes before he was nearly knocked off his seat.

"Baby! Baby! I missed you!" Hermione said excitedly as she nearly drowned him in kisses.

"I missed you too love" Y/N chuckled into the kisses.

"All I got was good morning" Lavender chuckled.

Hermione served herself oatmeal, Lavender cereal before Dobby reappeared holding a cardboard cup tray.

"Four takeaway cappuccinos as requested My Lord" he said with a smile.

Dobby nodded as Y/N levitated them off and the elf disappeared. One landed in front of Y/N, one in front of the two girls while the last one floated to the teacher's table, landing in front of a sitting Penny. She smiled deeply, looked at Y/N and mouthed "Thank you."

Y/N was hugged from the side again.

"Thank you baby... wait is this from...?"

"Your favourite order, from the coffee shop we always visit near your parents house. Thought we could do with some caffeine this morning".

Lavender thanked him as Hermione smiled brightly in realisation:

"Yes, my parents home, because our home is my home now. Thank you so much" Hermione said as it was followed by an audible mmm as she sipped on the delicious brew.

—~—

The morning classes passed without incident, Y/N again sitting in the back corner during Curse Breaking while Hermione was attentively paying attention, along with the rest of the class. Y/N spent most of the lesson staring out the window. Dean noticed and asked him "So Y/N, in your opinion what would be the hardest thing about breaking a generational curse?"

Y/N fired back without hesitating

"Locating and isolating the cause of the curse. It could date back generations or even centuries so all witnesses are long deceased."