A Battle and Two Birthdays

Y/N woke early, as usual, smiling at his sleeping girlfriend. He had been the talk of  Hogwarts again at dinner following his argument with Moody. He blocked it out, going to the library with Hermione and staying late until closing time. He was finally in a place he was happy with regarding his school work, he could now focus on keeping up and preparing for the tournament.

He untangled himself from Hermione and went to the rooms workout area, lifting himself to the pull up bar with one hand.

One
Two
Three

—~—

He finished his work out and smiled at the pain he was in. If it hurt it was working. He knew the Triwizard would be hard. He had to be bigger, faster, stronger. He didn't know what he would face. He had to be ready.

He entered the shower, standing with the water rushing down on him as he felt hands wrap around and grip him from behind.

"Happy birthday baby" Hermione purred into his back. "Turn around"

He did and smiled as she pulled him into a passionate kiss.

—~—

After getting dressed Hermione sat Y/N on the bed and made him close his eyes.

"You're a hard guy to buy for you know that?" Hermione giggled as she placed something in Y/N's hands.

"Open your eyes baby"

He did and a beautifully wrapped present was in them.

"Thank you baby you di-"

He stopped talking as a finger was raised and pointed straight at him.

"No. No Mr. You do not say I didn't have to get you presents for your birthday! Especially the way you spoil me" Hermione finished by giggling.

"My apologies My Lady" Y/N smirked and nodded.

"Go on, open it" Hermione smiled nervously.

Y/N did and smiled widely, holding the jersey in front of himself.

"I know they're your favourite team and you haven't got one and-"

Hermione was silenced with a kiss.

"Thank you so much love. Pride of Portree. I love it"

Hermione smiled, beaming in relief.

"There's one more, I had a little help with this one" she giggled.

She handed Y/N a larger, heavier present. He again smiled and started to open it. He was happy when he saw it was a book but lit up when he saw the cover

Legendary Creatures by Newt and Tina Scamander.

"It's not due to be published for another month. I've been working with Tina, owling back and forth to organise it for you. Look inside" Hermione smiled deeply.