Chapter 012

[This photo is not mine; credits to the owner🥺]

>>>Alone<<<

"I'll take my leave now." Min Jeong hummed as she slung her bag over her shoulder. Jisu looked up from her phone before nodding, a small smile on her face.

Min Jeong froze in her steps as she approached the front door of the cafe. She glanced back at Jisu who had gone back to looking at her phone. Min Jeong sighed slightly before walking back to Jisu.

"Did you get home safely last night?" Min Jeong asked cautiously, trying to bring up the subject cautiously. Jisu looked up at Min Jeong again in confusion, remembering she had notified her last night.

Jisu nodded before turning off her phone, sensing that Min Jeong wanted to talk to her about something. Min Jeong tapped her fingers on the counter nervously as she willed herself to spill the beans.

"I saw you and Soobin yesterday." Jisu's mouth opened slightly in shock as she froze. Min Jeong pursed her lips as she looked at Jisu meekly. Jisu regained her composure before nodding slowly.

"I think what you did yesterday was...wrong." Min Jeong let out a small sigh as she glanced at Jisu. Jisu looked at her fingers silently, feeling betrayed since Min Jeong was the one who did it first.

"I did it because Daewon was my ex who cheated on me and wants to get back with me. Soobin hurt your feelings, and that's not justifiable but still..." Min Jeong trailed off, hoping Jisu got the message she was trying to get across.

Jisu nodded her head quietly, locking eyes with Min Jeong. She placed her chin on her arms that rested on the counter. Min Jeong pursed her lips before ruffling her hair and leaving the cafe.

Jisu watched Min Jeong leave the cafe with a heavy heart. She knew what she did was a little bit harsh, but wasn't it harsher if your best friend didn't have your back?

Jisu sighed before mustering a smile as a group of workers entered the cafe that was directly opposite the building they worked at. As the cafe got busier, Jisu couldn't help but feel more alone.

>>>

Jisu rested her head on her palm as she stared at her textbook, too unmotivated to do her usual annotations but had nothing else better to do. A small groan left her lips before she rested her head on the book, her heart feeling uneasy.

"Earth to Jisu?" Jisu lifted her head slightly hearing the familiar voice. She hummed sleepily as she acknowledged LeeMin's presence. LeeMin chuckled at the girl's lack of enthusiasm before sitting across her on one of the stools provided.

"Have you been overworking again?" Leemin asked accusingly as he squinted his eyes, studying Jisu for signs of fatigue. Jisu laughed weakly before lifting her head from the counter and rubbing her eyes.