Chapter 005

[This photo is not mine; credits to the owner🥺]

>>>Reveal<<<

"Ji-yah." a breathy chuckle left Jisu's lips as a brief smile adorned her face. She cleared her throat, planning to go with what Min Jeong had taught her. She trained her eyes on the tree at the very end of the pathway, willing herself to speak up.

"I want to see you." Jisu could detect the small sigh that left her father's lips, and she couldn't help but feel upset her father thought of her as a burden.

"Ji-yah, we've been over this-" "Do not call me Ji-yah." Jisu spat bitterly, remembering the last time she visited her stepmother and father, only to find out her father had adopted the same nickname for his new wife.

"Just invite me to one of your business parties you're always hosting. I'm not asking to spend a whole day with you." Jisu replied coldly, her footsteps getting louder as her bitterness blocked out all other noises in her surroundings.

"I won't disturb you guys much if that's what you're worried about. LeeMin will be there, and Jimin won't have to travel all the way here." Jisu reasoned in a sarcastic tone, knowing full well it only took them 10 minutes to arrive at her apartment.

"Wear something nice, and be there by 8 pm." her father muttered begrudgingly as Jisu's eyes widened in delight at the invitation. Before she could thank him, he had cut the call.

She took the phone away from her ear, clicking her tongue at the rude behavior shown toward her. She stared at the contact, a wide grin plastered on her face as her heart soared.

She squealed as she danced around happily, thanking the heavens for getting to see her father again. She laughed cheerfully as she began to run home and pick out the fanciest dress in her mother's closet.

>>>

"Nope, definitely the pink one." Cammy and Yuna shook their heads in disapproval seeing Jisu come out of the bathroom in a blue flare dress. Jisu tilted her head in conflict as she spun around her spot.

"Really? But I think it'll go beautifully with the pearl accessories." Jisu pouted, looking at her family. She bit back her sigh seeing them still shake their head firmly, against the decision.

"The gold accessories are nicer anyway!" Jisu chuckled at Yuna's response as she returned to the bathroom to change. She admired the pink lace dress as she envisioned it on her body.

She scrunched her nose before shrugging, taking the clothes off the hanger before slipping them on after stripping from the blue one. She examined herself in the mirror, amazed at how the dress made her waist look extremely tiny.

"Told you this was the one!" Cammy shouted gleefully seeing her beautiful daughter walk out of the bathroom in the pink dress. Jisu giggled before doing a playful spin, receiving the oohs and ahhs from her family gladly.