Chapter 029

[This photo is not mine; credits to the owner🥺]

>>>Darkness<<<

"Yun-Jae! Aren't you supposed to be in school?" Soobin massaged his heart which was beating so fast because of the jumpscare he received when he saw Yun-Jae sitting in the middle of the sofa quietly.

"Oppa..." Soobin's eyes widened hearing Yun-Jae's wavering tone. He immediately rushed to his sister, who had started to cry. His eyes softened as he crouched down, placing a hand on her knee.

"What's wrong Jae-ah?" Soobin asked softly as Yun-Jae flung herself onto Soobin, full-on bawling. He traced lines onto Yun-Jae's back in an attempt to calm her down but to no avail.

Beomgyu walked into the living room, woken up by the loud cries of Yun-Jae. He looked at Soobin enquiringly, to which Soobin answered with a shrug of his shoulders since he didn't know what happened as well.

"Dad's gone...He's gone." Soobin furrowed his eyebrows questioningly as Yun-Jae continued to mutter those strange words. Beomgyu approached the two before sitting down next to Yun-Jae.

She pulled away from the hug, sniffling as she revealed the piece of paper that she was clutching. She passed it to Beomgyu first as she tried to calm down, a hand over her heart.

Soobin's heart started to thump wildly as he saw Beomgyu's face fell before it was replaced with a look of horror and disbelief. He slowly looked up to face Soobin before passing him the paper, offering Yun-Jae a side hug as he assured her everything would be fine.

Soobin looked at the piece of paper in his shaky hands, afraid. What had made Yun-Jae so upset? He took in a deep breath before opening the paper, bracing for the worst. Thank god he did.

To my beloved children,

I'm sorry I had to resort to this. I wish I could be there with you, but for now, I must run.

Your dad used to have a gambling addiction after your mother, unfortunately, passed away. It was a blessing that I had gotten more wins than losses. I stopped after Soobin went into middle school to provide in a healthier way.

Once Beomgyu's career provided us with more than enough, I started again. Unfortunately, I'm now suffering a debt of  100 million won. Your father wasn't successful enough to fulfill this measly amount, but I trust you. The debt collectors are coming soon, I must flee.

I trust you and love you. Please grow up well.

Your regretful father, Choi Daesom

The pupils in Soobin's eyes shook as he read the letter repeatedly. He had never expected his loving and caring father to be a gambler. Not to mention, a coward. Who lets his children pay his debt?

Soobin looked over at Beomgyu, who was looking at him fearfully. What was going to happen to them? They couldn't possibly pay up 100 million on the spot, and the debt collectors were expected to come soon.

Seeing the tears running down Beomgyu's face as he continued to whisper sweet nothings in Yun-Jae's ear, broke Soobin's heart. Because of his father's carelessness, they were plunged into this situation head-first without any clue as to what to do.

Soobin quickly wrapped his arms around both siblings, patting their backs as he tried to console him since he was on the verge of tears. Eventually, he gave up and all three of them sat in the living room, crying their eyes out as they let the fact that their father abandoned them sink in.

>>>

"Let's go for something wild. Once he answers the door, pull him in for a kiss and say I love you." Min Jeong gasped in amazement at her genius before licking her lips, already thinking about it. Jisu nudged her, slightly embarrassed.

Min Jeong had taken up the job of being Jisu's personal chauffeur as she sent her to Soobin's place using Ningning's car. Jisu had advised her not to do it since she'd get in trouble with her girlfriend, but did Min Jeong give a fuck? Hell no.

"If Ningning calls me, you're answering," Jisu warned as she glanced at Min Jeong before returning to touching up her makeup. Min Jeong scoffed, rolling her eyes as she knew Ningning would never.

"You know, I'm starting to think you're using my girlfriend as an excuse not to go in." Min Jeong accused, folding her arms as she narrowed her eyes, staring pointily at Jisu who had been touching up her makeup for the past 5 minutes.

"Ok, ok, I'll go. How do I look?" Jisu huffed, turning to Min Jeong as she dusted off her clothes, awaiting Min Jeong's review of her appearance. Min Jeong scratched her chin as she pretended to examine Jisu.

"Girl, from a raging bisexual's point of view, you look fire. Imagine how much that boy would swoon." Min Jeong giggled slightly when Jisu pushed her in annoyance. Ever since Min Jeong had gotten together with Ningning a few days ago, she's been teasing Jisu nonstop.

"Alright, go before you get caught." Jisu hummed as she grabbed her purse, sending Min Jeong a warning look. Min Jeong scrunched her nose before hesitantly agreeing, waiting for Jisu to get out of the car.

"Remember, wild and rough!" Min Jeong yelled out of the window as she drove off, making Jisu chuckle before waving off her friend. She turned to the front door, mustering the courage to walk up to the door and knock on it lightly.

"Hi, Soobin!.." Jisu trailed off as she noticed Soobin's puffy and swollen eyes. Letting her eyes wander, she spotted Yun-Jae on the sofa with her head in her hands as Beomgyu tried to console her.

Soobin quietly closed the door behind him, attracting Jisu's attention. Jisu's eyes softened slightly seeing Soobin blinking hard to eliminate the puffiness.

"Is everything alright?" Jisu whispered, placing a hand on Soobin's arm before squeezing it slightly, enough to break Soobin. Jisu's eyes widened slightly when she heard Soobin sobbing.

She quickly wrapped her arms around his torso, standing on her tippy toes as she rubbed his back reassuringly. Soobin immediately returned the hug, burying his head into Jisu's neck which sent butterflies to Jisu's stomach.

"I'm here now," Jisu assured, shushing Soobin gently as she continued to rub his broad back reassuringly. Soobin's heavy exhales made the hairs on Jisu's neck stand up, making Jisu go slightly crazy.

Mentally reprimanding herself that it wasn't the time, Soobin pulled away with a small smile on his face, thanking Jisu shyly as he rubbed his face. Jisu offered a sympathetic smile, tousling his hair playfully which made him laugh.

"Come to think of it, I think I need your help." Jisu locked eyes with Soobin as he whispered those very words to Jisu. Staring into his lost eyes, Jisu couldn't help herself but nod immediately at the request.

------------------

~Viky
🎶☕🌸