Chapter 2: Soda Spills the Tea

I decide to spend another night at Cherry's house. Soda & Steve are gonna drive me to my house so I can grab a few things, and then they'll bring me back to Cherry's.

I hug Cherry and whisper "I love you" into her ear before leaving with the guys. My house is about a thirty-minute drive from the town square. For the first ten minutes or so, it's silent. Then Sodapop speaks up.

"Listen, Lavender, we have something to tell you." He stammers.

"Is something wrong?" I question, even though I know exactly what it is the little homos are going to tell me.

"Nothings wrong. It's just that you're my favorite sibling and I promised to never keep secrets from you." Soda says. About ten years ago at dinner one night, Soda announced that I was his favorite sibling and Ponyboy cried for a week. "Steve? Do you want to tell her?".

Steve glances at me through the rearview mirror and says, "Soda and I are dating. I'm bisexual and he's pansexual. We've been dating for a few months now and were itching to tell someone. And we trust you."

"Aw, that's so sweet." I say, "But I have known that you guys were a thing for almost a month now."

"Dammit!" Yells Soda. "This was supposed to be shocking news!"

"I'm sorry guys, but I just have a detective's brain. Oh, and I'm actually gay too. A lesbian to be exact. And Cherry and I are a couple as of last night." I tell them. Cherry and I gave each other permission last night to tell anyone we trusted about our relationship.

"Wow, that's great, Lav! Congrats on getting a girlfriend!" Says Soda with a smile. "So why were you dating Johnny if you're a lesbian?".

"Long story."

"Lavender, you know that this means that we're going to have The Girl Talk?" asks Steve.

"Oh no."

"Oh yes, my little woman-loving sister," says Soda.

The two of them spend the rest of the car ride telling me all sorts of things about dating girls. Their lesson includes some personal stories of theirs that I really wish I never heard. Some of this information will be helpful, but a lot will scar me for life.