Chapter 7: Out

TW- the f-slur is used in this chapter. But it was said by a member of the gay community in an endearing way.

~time skip to the next week (Saturday night)~

It's after dinner and Darry and I are doing the dishes. There is a sense of awkwardness in the air. After a bit he breaks the silence.

"So, Lav. I need to talk to you about something." He says sincerely. My heart takes a nervous dip. I think he knows I like boobs.

"Okay, what's up?" I ask shakily.

"Take a seat" he says.

We sit down at the kitchen table and my heart starts racing. I think he's supportive of us gays but I'm still really scared.

"I know you've been hiding some things from me. And I thought you should know that you don't have to hide them anymore. There's no sense in keeping up the act. I know you and Johnny were never really dating. I just thought it was a bit funny and wanted to watch how it would play out. I know that you are a lesbian and that you've been going out with Cherry."

"And you're okay with it?" I question.

"Of course I am!" He exclaims. "I'm your big brother and I just want you to be happy! And I think that you and Cherry are very cute together."

"Thank you." I say as tears start running down my cheeks.

"I also know about Ponyboy & Johnny, and Soda & Steve. I also feel like Two might be fruity too." He admits and I laugh.

"Yeah... But how'd you find out?"

"Well with you and Johnny, it was just obvious that you didn't like each other romantically. And whenever you go to spend the night at Cherry's, Johnny sleeps in Pony's bed with him. I walked in on them kissing, too. They didn't see me. I also once saw you and Cherry kiss after she dropped you off here. And it's just obvious that Soda made that girl Stephanie up and actually is hooking up with Steve. And Twobit just gives off bisexual energy. Dallas kind of does too."

We finish our conversation and Darry goes to have similar conversations with the other homosexuals in the house.

~time skip to a few days later~

The only person Johnny, Ponyboy, and I have yet to come out to is Dallas. He's coming by later today and that's when we plan on talking to him. I feel like this is either going to go very well or very badly, and there's no in between.

When Dallas gets here we all try to act normal and not show fear. After a bit, Pony speaks up.

"Um. We have some news for you, Dallas." He says and Dal shuts up and looks at him.

Johnny decides to speak up since everyone else looks terrified. "Ponyboy and I are both gay and in a relationship. And Lavender is a lesbian and dating Cherry."

I look up to see his reaction. Dallas doesn't look fazed.

"Oh I know." states Dal, "I've known for months. Y'all are really bad liars."

"Oh." Says Johnny.

"So... You're okay with it?" Asks Pony.

"Of course I am. I'm literally bi." Says Dally and we all smile. "I know about all you fellow f4gs. You guys, Soda, Steve, and Two."

Everyone starts laughing.

"So everyone knew but just didn't say anything?" I ask.

"Pretty much." Admits Dally. "Y'know we actually had secret meetings where we all talked about you guys."

"Really?" questions Pony.

"Nah I'm just messing with you. But good for you guys. I'm glad you're all happy." Dallas says with a genuine smile.