Chapter 30: Date

~back to Lav's pov~

~time skip to one month later (May 7th, 1966)~

Dallas and I are chilling at the Dingo, as per usual. I have to pee so I get up and make my way to the restroom. I open the door and see Delilah standing in the mirror fixing her makeup. I get butterflies.

"Hey, Lavender!" Delilah says.

"Hi!"

"Y'know," she starts, "I've actually been wanting to ask you something. Well, I've heard some rumors about you and I was wondering if they had any truth to them. Are you really a lesbian? And did you really date Cherry Valance?"

"Um, yes, and yes. And if you've got a problem with that you can just fuck off I'm done with all this homophobic shit," I tell Delilah.

"Oh, no, I-I don't have a problem with that. I'm actually a lesbian too. And I totally have a crush on you. I was wondering if there was any possibility that you'd want to go on a date with me?" she proposes.

"Oh my god, Delilah," I smile, "I'd love to go on a date with you!"

"Perfect! I get off at 9 tonight, and then we can go around town or chill at my apartment," Delilah suggests.

"Sounds perfect! I'll meet you here at nine!" I chime.

I use the bathroom, and then head back out to our table so I can tell Dallas the good news

~time skip~

Johnny helps me pick out my outfit and do makeup. Soda insists on driving me to my date and Dallas tags along too. After a short drive, we arrive at the Dingo and I walk to the back parking lot to meet Delilah. I haven't been on a date in months and I'm so goddamn excited.

I wait for about two minutes, and then Delilah comes out the back door.

"Hi, Lav!"

"Hi Delilah!"

She walks up to me and gives me a hug, looks around to see if anyone's watching, and then kisses me. I FORGOT HOW NICE KISSING GIRLS WAS. After Cherry, I thought I'd never date again, but this is promising. Really, really, promising.

"I want to stop at my apartment first, and then we can maybe go to the drive-in or something," says Delilah as she starts walking in the direction of the Five and Dime.

We aren't even halfway across the back parking lot of the Dingo before Soda and Dallas start running toward us. Can't I just have one date without the guys around?!

"Lav get down!" Yells Soda. I'm confused but I do as he says. The next thing I know, I hear three gunshots and feel a sharp pain in my shoulder. I stay on the ground with my eyes closed. I hear footsteps running away.

"Lav, are you hit?!" Yells Soda.

"Yeah... My shoulder." I say and open my eyes. I struggle to sit up. Soda is crouched on the ground next to Dallas, holding his wrist

"Dallas is dead," says Soda quietly as a tear streams down his cheek.

A/n- sorry I was bored with the story. I'm probably gonna end this series soon. I plan on starting a new one tho that's gonna be very similar to this one.