Chapter 28: Crush

~time skip to 3 weeks later~

Dallas and I start to make going to the dingo after school a regular thing. Sometimes one of the other guys will join us. But most of the time it's just the two of us.

Dallas has been acting as my personal bodyguard lately. It's been over a month since my secret got out, and things aren't getting any better. Some of the teachers found out, and I'm no longer allowed to change in the locker room with the other girls for gym class. I have to wait for all of them to get dressed and then go in by myself. Everyone has made me out to be this predator and it's really getting to me. At least I don't get as many rude comments when Dallas is around. One time, this random sophomore said he could turn me straight, and Dallas gave him 2 black eyes and knocked a tooth loose.

I've started to have a serious crush on Delilah, though. Dallas makes fun of me for it but tries to set us up at the same time. We still don't even know what her sexuality is.

We've found lots of information about Delilah. She's a sophomore, like me, but older because I'm supposed to be in 9th grade. Delilah is an Aquarius. Her favorite color is green and she's into creative writing. She had to move in with her cousin because her mom got sick and died, and then her dad hung himself. The word really spreads fast through the east side.

Dallas and I are sitting at our usual table. Johnny and Soda are also here with us. Soda has the day off today, and he wanted to meet the girl I haven't been able to shut up about.