Chapter 20: Caught

~TW: Use of homophobic slurs~

After a few hours of hanging out with the girls, Roger walks in and looks at me funny.

"Hi Roger." Cherry chimes.

"Hey." He says back, sounding angry. "Can I please speak to Lavender?"

"Uh... Sure." I say nervously and follow Roger downstairs to the living room.

"What do you want to talk to me about?" I question. I'm about on the verge of an anxiety attack.

"Listen here you d*ke. I saw you kissing my sister behind the tent at the party. I can't believe you would take advantage of her like that. She's not like you. She's not a fucking f4ggot. Stop trying to turn her queer. She doesn't love you and she never will. You are disgusting. Get out of my house, stay away from my sister, or else I'll report you. And don't think that just because I don't live around here, I won't know about shit. I've got eyes all over this town. And they'll all be watching you."

I just simply nod my head. Roger follows me up to Cherry's room so I can grab my stuff. He instructs me to not speak a word.

"Lavender, why are you leaving?" Cherry asks, worriedly.

"Don't talk to her, Sherri. She's dangerous. I'm getting her away from you, and it's all gonna be okay. She's not gonna try to turn you queer anymore." Roger assures her.

Cherry's eyes well up with tears, "Roger, no. It-it's nothing like that. I'm gay. I love her. Please don't take her away from me, Roger. Please, I love her. She never forced me into anything. Please." She breaks down into a sob.

Roger yells at me to go and holds Cherry back when she tries to chase after me.

I run out of their house and down the street. I continue running until I can't anymore, and then I turn into an alleyway and break down crying. How can this happen? We were so careful. What am I gonna do? I can never speak to my beautiful Cherry again. And Roger says he'll have eyes on me, so that means he'll be telling people about my sexuality. The whole town is gonna know by the end of the month. I'm gonna get sent to a foster home. It's all ruined. Everything. My life will never be the same. I never should have told anybody. I've made such a mess of things.