Chapter 25: Confrontation

~soda's pov~

I'm so fucking pissed at that guy. I knew Lavender shouldn't have been dating socs. A lot of them are so goddamn cold-blooded.

I do kinda feel bad for Cherry, though. I was wrong about her. She really was good for Lavender. I've never seen my sister so happy before. But, I wish that fucking Roger guy was never born.

Tonight, Steve and I are gonna meet with Roger at the lot, and see if we can negotiate. Ponyboy has made me promise that I only fight him if it's in self-defense, though. As much as I'd like to pound him, I guess Pony is right. I promise I won't throw the first punch, but I would just love to kick that fuckers ass.

~time skip~

Steve and I show up at the lot at 7pm, 30 minutes earlier than Roger. Surprisingly, he shows up alone. I for sure thought he'd bring along one of his goons.

"So! You must be the d*ke's brothers!" He says as he saunters up to us.

"I'm her brother, Sodapop. This is my friend Steve." I say and extend my hand, trying to be friendly.

"Roger Valance." He shakes my hand and then Steve's.

"Let's get down to it." Steve starts. "To start, don't call her that nasty word."

"And please, I'm begging you. Leave the poor girl alone." I chime in, "poor kid already had her heart broken and got beaten up last night. And for all I know you sent those guys after her."

"I didn't send anybody to beat her up." Roger defends, "I'm sorry that happened. Is she okay?"

"Look. Don't act all nice. You outed her and basically ruined her life here in Tulsa."

"I just can't have that kind of person around my sister," Roger says with a disgusted expression on his face, "I need to protect Cherry. It's my job as her older brother."

"And it's my job to protect Lavender!." I shout.

"Well look, I'm sorry but it's my duty to the community to keep everyone safe from the f@ggots." And with that, he left.