[2-29]

Luz did not go to school, Thursday. She went to the park, as she was just a bunk away from passing out. Camilla said she'd pick her up in an hour or whenever she wanted, and left her there. "..Y..You alright Vessel?" The Collector asked.

"..." Luz nodded slowly, throwing another rock in to the water.

The Collector frowned, looking around the park, perking up and dispersing. They reappeared on the play set, examining the entire thing. "What's this?" He asked.

Luz glanced up, carefully standing, taking the candle with her. "...?" She managed to walk over without incident, standing by his shadow.

"What's this? How do you use it?"

Luz lightly shrugged, feeling the plastic that dipped slightly in the middle, kind of like a- "Drum.." Luz placed the candle down, feeling the drum.

She lightly pat the sides, then went around the dip. "Ohohoho!~ Let me borrow the body- This looks fun!"

Luz picked up the candle, blowing it out, carefully placing it back down. Her skin changed, shivering and once again tapping the drum. "Hoo~! This is awesome! What was this called? A drum? Must be a new word, I haven't heard this yet! What's that?" They pointed to a wheel.

'Walk over..'

The Collector forced the body to walk over, feeling the steering wheel, "What do I do with it? You're supposed to spin it and pretend you're on a plane. Amity taught me this. Your human? Yes that's right." Luz hummed, spinning the wheel.

Her- Their, ears perked up, spinning the wheel quickly. They smiled, lowering themself slightly "Nyyrroom~" The Collector cackled, flinching and turning back quickly.

They pointed to the grass and fired, a light smoke rising and fading. "Oh my. That was close."

The kid dropped his ball, wide eyed an traumatized. "Hmph-" He sniffled, wiping his eyes quickly.

Luz jumped, hopping off the side of the playset and rushing over to the kid, "Queezus kid! I missed, you didn't even get hit! Are you alright though I'm starting to feel bad- Let's play hide and seek! I'm great at that, let's do that!"

"Bide and beek..?" He sniffled, wiping his nose.

"Yeah! Go hide I'll count to ten." Luz pushed him away gently, sitting and crossing her legs, covering her eyes. "One.."

"Gotta hide-" The boy mumbled, rushing past her, quickly returning for his ball and running off with it.

'...Really? Why would you help him? I was a huhdred percent sure you would laugh.'

"I mean, I was going to- But!- I've had my fair share of traumatizing the weak- And this is your body, you have a reputation to uphold. Eight!!!" They slowly peeked.

"Hey no cheating! Count again!" The boy huffed.

"One..Two..~ Besides, it's nice to get out once in awhile. I'm thousands of years old, I like to have fun too. Seven!~ EightNineTen I'm coming!" They scrambled up, rushing towards the playset.

They could hear the kid giggling, but damn he was so small he could be wearing neon and Collector wouldn't see him. The Collector went around the entire playset, checking in the empty drums, even the bathroom, til it went back to square one, right at the beginning. "Hehehe-"

Collector curiously leaned down, gasping, "Aha!"

The boy squealed, running off, his ball squeaking as it rubbed against his skin, "You can't catch me~!" He giggled.