The recovery journey

🔥AGAIN MAJOR TRIGGER WARNING - TALKS ABOUT ANOREXIA, BULIMIA, SELF HARM, SUICIDAL IDEALTIONS, ATTEMPTED SUICIDE, ABUSE AND DRUGS AND ALCOHOL MISUSE AND ABUSE🔥

This is how skinny Kate had gotten. She was extremly underweight.
Dr Charles looked at Jay and said "firsts things first when Kate wakes up we need to weigh her, get her vitals and then transfer her up to the psych ward."
"Why the psych ward?" Asked Jay concerned.
"Well she is bulimic and anorexic, she is known to hurt herself and she has been suicidal so we want to prevent her from hurting herself more." Dr Charles explained sadly.
"What else" Jay asked looking desperatly at Dr Charles as he hated seeing Kate like this.
"Well we need to get her to eat otherwise we will have no choice but to force feed her as she is severly malnourished." "She will also need intense therapy and need to be put on medication to manage her intrusive thoughts" Dr Charles replied looking at a concerned Jay.
"Force feeding, wont that make her worse?" Jay asked looking shocked.
"Well it can do, but it is in her best interest, hopefully it wont reach that far though" said Dr Charles as he went to leave as he had an urgent page.
Jay walked back in to Kates room and sat down next to Hailey and told her what Dr Charles said. She was shocked but also agreed it was in Kates best interests.

5 hours later....

Kate woke up feeling extremly weak and looking severly ill.

"Hey honey, how are you feeling?" Said Hailey.
"Numb" Kate replied trying not to cry.
"Oh babe, come here" said Hailey pulling her into a hug as Jay went to get Will and Dr Charles.
"Hey Kate" said Dr Charles as he, Will and Jay walked back into the room.
"Go away" Kate mumbled as she was still leaning into Hailey.
"Maybe its best if we let just Hailey try and convince her to do the first steps as she might be overwhelmed with all of us around" Dr Charles quietly suggested and mouthed to Hailey what he thought. Hailey immediatly understood and nodded and the rest of them left the room.
"Hey honey, I know you dont want to but we have to talk" said Hailey pulling Kates face to look at her.
Kate just stared at Hailey and nodded which surprised her.
"Will you at least get weighed and let us take your vitals." "Nothing else for now." Hailey asked looking at Kate sympathetically.
Kate just nodded sadly.
"Im just going to get Will" Hailey said as she stood up. "Will, she said she will get weighed and have her vitals taken but nothing else at the moment" Hailey said signalling for just Will to come into her room. Will and Hailey walked into Kates room.
"Do you need help to stand up Kate" Will asked looking at her sympathetically.
Kate just nodded. Will and Hailey helped her get out of bed and walk over to the scales.
"Do you think you can stand for just 15 seconds Kate" Will asked before he and Hailey let go.
Again Kate just nodded with her head down low.
Will and Hailey let go so the numbers would steady but stayed behind her incase she couldnt stand long enough. Will wrote down the numbers shaking his head as he got Hailey to steady Kate so he could see how tall she was. Will and Hailey then helped Kate back into bed.
"Your doing great Kate, I just need to get your vitals, is that Ok" Will asked bringing the machine over.
Kate just shrugged. Will put the pulse oxometer on her finger and the blood pressure cuff on her arm and turned the machine on. After two minutes he wrote down the numbers and turned the machine off and took the cuff off her arm and the pulse oxometer off her finger.
"Great job Kate, you did great, try and get some more rest" as he signalled for Hailey to follow him to the door.
"Well" said Jay impatiently.
"A normal BMI for her age and height is anything between 18.5 and 24.9." "Hers sadly is 10" Will said looking over at the pale teenager.
"Oh god" said Jay as he went to sit down on the floor. Will crouched down next to Jay.
"She can beat this" Will patted Jay on the shoulder before standing back up.
"In a few hours we will move her to the psych ward, Hailey do you think you can convince her?" Dr Charles asked sadly.
"Ill give it a go" said Hailey sitting back down next to Kate on the bed.
Jay got up and sat on the seat next to Kates bed.