Chapter 26 The Pollywog

*The next morning, Y/Ns pov.*

     This morning was nice, waking up next to Eddie, it's been awhile since that's happened. Going to school together like normal, I felt like everything was okay. Me and the guys are going to hangout after school today. So all I have to do is get through the school day.

*Gym class*

     My first period went like it normally does boring, Algebraic really isn't my thing. Now i'm in gym class doing the same thing I always do. Sitting on the bleachers reading a book. I don't mind exercising, just not in school while everyone's watching. The class is playing basketball. Billy was in my class, he was pretty good. But not a very good sport, probably to show off. I mean there is at least 6 girls, watching from the door. Hearing yelling from the court I look up from my book. Steve's on the ground looking angry, and Billy had just made a point for his team. After he turns around we make eye contact, he gave me a wink. I don't see what everyone else sees in him. He fucks with every girl that comes near him, he doesn't actually care about any of them. I mean do you really want to be sloppy seconds. Not giving him my attention, I just go back to my book.

*After school*

      Saying goodbye to Eddie since he had detention. I went outside to wait for the guys, we were supposed to go to Mikes house. I wait, and wait but they don't show up. After about fifteen minutes I just decide to head to the middle school and look for them. As I start to walk in the schools direction, Billy's car comes speeding past me, with yet another different girl in the passenger seat. Getting inside the school going to Mr. Clarkes room but their not inside. My next stop is the AV club room. Walking down the hallways towards the room when I hear. Banging, lots of it. I turn the corner to see, Max. Or at least I think that's Max we've never actually met. "Hello? Hello? Guys, come on. Can I come in yet?" She yells through the door. "No!" Mike yells back. I walk up to her and ask "Your Max right?" She looks at me weird, probably because she has know idea who I am. I don't blame her. "Yeah? Who are you?" She asks confused. "I'm Y/N, the guys talk a lot about you" I say with a smile. "So why won't they let you in, what's going on?" I question. "Honestly, I have no idea" she answers seeming to calm down around me a bit. I bang on the door and yell "Hey, guys what the fuck is going on? Why did you lock yourselves in?" Getting no answer confused until suddenly the door opens really fast and i'm pulled in. As soon as i'm inside the door shuts and gets locked. Locking Max outside again.

      "So is someone going to fill me in on what's going on?" I question. "Dustin found this creature in his garbage can" Lucas says. "He's not a creature his name is Dart" Dustin corrects. "Uh, okay?" I say not really getting the answer I was expecting. Not getting what's going on I just sit back and listen to their conversation. "I don't understand" Lucas admits. "What do you not understand?" Mike asks. "Will saw something that looked like Dart last year?" Lucas asks. "Kind of, but there was no tail" Will says. "But then he heard it yesterday. The exact same sound" Mike says for Will. "Why didn't you tell us before?" Dustin questions. "I wasn't sure" Will clarifies. "A coincidence" Dustin says. "Or not. What if when Will was stuck in the Upside Down, he somehow acquired true sight" Mike says. "True sight?" Lucas repeats confused. "It gives you the power to see into the ethereal plane" I explain understanding where Mikes going with this. "Elaborate" Lucas says still not getting it. "Maybe these episodes that Will keeps having aren't really flashbacks at all. Maybe they're real. Maybe Will can somehow see into the Upside Down" Mike says. "So that would mean..." Lucas says not finishing his sentence. "Dart is from the Upside Down" Mike says. Lucas sighs suggesting "We have to go take him to Hopper." "I agree" Mike says. "No way. If we take him to Hopper, Darts good as dead" Dustin says disagreeing. "Maybe he should be" Mike says annoyed. "How can you say that?" Dustin questions. "How can you not? He's from the Upside Down" Mike adds. "Maybe. But even if he is, it doesn't automatically mean that he's bad" Dustin says trying to defend Dart. "That's like saying just because someones from the Death Star doesn't make them bad" Mike says deflecting. "We have a bond" Dustin admits. "A bond? Just because he likes nougat?" Mike questions angrily. "Okay, hold on guys. What if Mikes right and he is from the Upside Down. How did he get here and more importantly how did he end up in Dustin's garbage bin. He could be a clue if we kill him we would be without a lead" I say trying to get them to stop fighting. "I mean, yeah, Y/N does have a point" Lucas admits. "See and because he trusts me! Maybe he could help us" Dustin argues to Mike. "You really think he trust you?" Mike questions. "Yes, I promised I would take care of him" Dustin says. After that Dart starts screeching inside the box.

     We can still hear Max knocking on the door asking "Guys, what's going on? Come on."

     Mike picks up a speaker getting ready to defend himself against Dart. "Don't hurt him" Dustin pleads. "Only if he attacks" Mike answers. "Just open it already" Lucas says. Dustin opens the box, seeing Dart for the first time, I say "Holly shit." I can feel Lucas now hiding behind me. Something's happening Dart is screeching and suddenly two legs burst out of his sides. "Holly shit!" both Lucas and I scream as it happens. Mike goes to hit him. "No!" Dustin yells pushing Dart out of the way of Mike. The door opens with Max on the other side, Dart makes a run for it. "Oh, shit" Dustin says as we all run out of the room trying to catch him. "Where'd he go?" Lucas questions. "What was that?" Max asks really confused. "Dart!" Mike yells. "What?" Max asks again still confused about what had happened in the room. "You let him escape!" Mike yells at Max. "Mike, calm down! It was just an accident!" I yell back at him. He finally snaps out of it and calms down a bit. "Why did you attack him?" Dustin questions Mike. "Come on" Mike says annoyed walking off to go find Dart. "Don't hurt him. Don't you hurt him!" Dustin yells after him.

     We all split up to start looking for Dart in the school. Lucas says that me and Max should stick together. After they all walk away I turn to Max. "Yeah, that's not happening we don't have to take orders from him. We will split up like everyone else to cover more ground. I'm sure you can take care of yourself" I say with a light laugh and smile. "Sounds good to me" She says skating in the other direction.

     "West is clear, too. Will?" Dustin says over the walkie-talkies. "South is clear, Lucas? Anything?" Will asks. "Nothing here, man. Y/N? You got anything?" Lucas questions. "Nope nothing. East is clear" I say into my walkie-talkie. Continuing to search the school for Dart. After a little while Will says "Guys... I found him" "Where?" Dustin asks. "In the bathroom by Mr.Salernos" Will answers. "Copy that" Mike says. "On our way" I say into my walkie-talkie turning around running the other direction. Getting to the bathroom, going inside, I see Dustin. Only, Dustin he's holding Dart. I can see in his eyes that he doesn't want him to get hurt and honestly I would like to know more about him myself. So I turn around facing the wall and start whistling. I'm guessing he got the hint and hid him somewhere because when I turned back around I couldn't see Dart. Just in time too, because soon everyone else arrived. "Where's Dart?" Mike questions. "I don't know he's not here" I answer seeing Dustin struggling to find the words. "What?" Mike says confused. "He said by Salernos, right?" Max questions. "Yeah, maybe Will has him" Dustin says. "Where is Will" Mike asks. Which makes the rest of us realize he's not anywhere to be seen.

~ Been kinda busy the past couple days but i'm back, hope you liked this chapter ~