Chapter 29 The Spy

(Y/Ns pov)

After we got into Steve's car, both Dustin an I started explaining what had happened from the very beginning. Stopping at Steve's house to grab the bat. With the sun setting we head back to Dustin's house. While in the car listening to the stereo, Steves thinking. Sitting in silence other than music until Steve asks "Wait a sec. How big?" "First it was like that. Now he's like this" Dustin answers, explaining with his hands. "I swear to god, man. It's just some little lizard, Okay" Steve says. "It's not a lizard" Dustin says. "Yeah, its really not a lizard" I add. "How do you know?" Steve asks. "How do I know if it's not?" Dustin asks clarifying. "How do you know it's not just a lizard?" Steve repeats. "Because his face opened up and he ate my cat" Dustin said matter-of-factly. "It opened up its face the same way the demogorgon did last year" I explain.

Now pulling into Dustin's drive way, getting out of the car. Heading to the trunk so Steve can get his bat out. Making our way over to the cellar door. Steve bangs the bat on the door a couple times. "I don't hear shit" Steve says. "He's in there" Dustin says, "Or at least that's where we left him" I explain. Steve bangs on the door again and still getting to responsive noise. "All right, listen, kid, and teenager. I swear, if this is some sort of Halloween prank, you're both dead" Steve says shining his flash light in our faces. "It's not" Dustin answers. "All right?" Steve questions again. "It's not a prank, Steve. Now get that out of my face" I say. Steve turns looking at the door seeing the lock we had put on it "You got a key for this thing?" Steve asks I threw him the key from my pocket. Opening the door and shining light into the dark space not seeing anything. "He must be great her down there" Dustin guesses. After this I take my trusty switchblade out of my pocket opening it. "I'll stay up here in case he tries to escape" Dustin says trying to not sound like a chicken. Steve starts going down first and I follow. He turns to see me and asks "What are you doing?" "Uh, i'm going with you obviously, unless you want to go by yourself" I say sarcastically. "Whatever" He says turning back around. "That's what I thought" I say following him deeper into the cellar. Once we get to the bottom of the steps reaching up turning on the light. Only to find more shed skin from Dart. But no sign of him until I see a tunnel that went through the brick. Steve goes back over to the steps and calls up to Dustin saying "Get down here." As Dustin gets down seeing the skin and me over by the tunnel "Oh, shit! Oh, shit! No way. No way" Is the only thing that comes out of his mouth.

*The next morning*

We had to wait until the sun was up to find Dart. But that gave us time to come up with a new plan to trap him. Getting everything we needed parking Steve's car near the old train tracks to start our trail. While getting all our supplies out of the truck someone contacts Dustin. Over hearing his conversation "Well, well, well, look who it's is. Well, when you were having sister problems, Dart grew again, he escaped, and i'm pretty sure he's a baby demogorgon. I'll explain later. Meet me, Steve, and Y/N at the junkyard. And bring your binoculars and wrist rocket." I listen as me and Steve finally getting everything out of the trunk. "All, right, let's go" Steve says locking his car. "Come one, Dustin" I say as we start to walk. "Just be there, stat. Over and out" Dustin says to whoever is on the other end of the walkie-talkie.

We start walking down the tracks dropping chunks of meat along it. Just making random small talk. "All right, so let me get this straight. You kept something you knew was probably dangerous in order to impress a girl who... who you just met? And you let him do this?" Steve asks while looking at me and Dustin. "All right, that's grossly oversimplifying things" Dustin says. "I mean, not really" I say to Dustin comment. "I mean, why would a girl like some nasty slug anyways?" Steve questions. "An inter dimensional slug? Because it's awesome" Dustin answers. "Well, even if she thought it was cool, which she didn't. I... I just feel like you're trying way to hard" Steve says. "Well, not everyone can have your perfect hair, all right?" Dustin says defensively. "It's not about the hair, man. The key with girls is just... just acting like you don't care" Steve says throwing more meat on the ground. "Even if you do?" Dustin questions confused. "Yeah, exactly. It drives them nuts" Steve explains. "Dustin you should just be yourself. Be honest you don't want her to like someone who isn't you and have to live a lie" I say trying to give him some better advice. "What would you know. You've been out of the dating scene since like middle school" Steve says back. I just roll my eyes at him. "Okay, then what?" Dustin asks. "You just wait until, uh... until you feel it" Steve says trying to come up with the right words. "Feel what?" Dustin asks. "It's like before it's gonna storm, you know? You can't see it, but you can feel it, like this uh... electricity, you know?" Steve try's to explain. "Oh, like in the electromagnetic field when the clouds in the atmospheric.." Dustin says not getting it at all. "No, no, no. He mean likes a... likes sexual electricity, between you and the other person" I try to help him understand. "Oh" Dustin says understanding. "You feel that and then you make your move" Steve says. "So that's when you kiss her?" Dustin questions. "No, whoa, whoa. Slow down, Romeo" Steve answers. "Sorry" is all that comes out of Dustins mouth. "Sure, okay. Some girls, yeah, they want you to be aggressive. You know, strong, hot, and heavy. Like a... I don't know, like a lion" Steve explains. "But others you gotta be slow, you have to be gentle and stealthy" I add. "Like a ninja" Steve says. "What type is Nancy?" Dustin asks Steve. "Nancy's different. She's different than other girls" Steve says sounding kinda sad. "Yeah, she seems pretty special, I guess" Dustin says. After hearing that 'I guess' come out of his mouth, I hit his arm. "Yeah, yeah. She is" Steve says. "But this girls special, to you know. It's just likes, something about her" Dustin says. "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hey, hey, hey." Steve says right after Dustin finished his sentence. "What?" Dustin asks confused. "You're not falling in love with this girl, are you?" Steve asks. "Uh, no, no" Dustin answers. "Okay, good don't" Steve says back. "I won't" Dustin says sound like he's trying to reassure Steve and himself. "Might sound weird but I agree with Steve. Don't fall in love with her yet. You have to get to know her, make sure your in love with her and not the way she looks or something" I say. "Yep, she's only gonna break your heart, and you're way to young for that shit" Steve says. After hearing that Dustin and I make concerned eye contact. After a couple seconds of silence. Steve randomly says "Faberge." "What?" Dustin says "Huh?" I say confused. "It's Faberge organics. Use the shampoo and conditioner, and when your hair is damp... it's not wet, okay? When it's damp... you do four puffs of the Farrah Fawcett spray" Steve explains his whole extensive hair routine. He made sure to put extra emphasis' on the damp part. "Farrah Fawcett spray?" Dustin questions "Yeah, Farrah Fawcett. You guys tell anyone I just told you that and your ass is grass. You're dead, Henderson, Y/L. Do you both understand" Steve says. Dustin just nods his head and I answers "Yep." "Good, because you could really use some help with that" Steve says while pointing at my hair. "Hey! What the hell is that supposed to mean?" I question annoyed. "It's a mess" Steve says while he continues walking.

We all walking down the tracks dropping the chunks of meat along the way. We finally reach the old junkyard. "Oh, yeah. Yeah, this will do. This will do just fine. Good call dude" Steve says to Dustin. We walk to the middle to of the junkyard and dump the rest of the meat out. Suddenly we hear "I said medium-well!" being yelled at us. Turning to see who it is, it's Lucas and he's brought, Max? "Who's that?" Steve asks while looking at the redhead next to Lucas. Dustin and Lucas went to have a private conversation probably about the fact that we're trying to catch a demogorgon and he brought Max. After explaining to Steve who Max is, while starting to set up, we decide they've been talking long enough, they should be out here helping us. Going over to where their crouched down "Hey! Dickheads! How come the only one helping us out is this random girl?" Steve yells at them. "Come on, we lose light in 40 minutes let's go. Let's go!" I tell them. After getting them up and going we start setting up for the plan. Getting all the scrap metal to put around the bus. Getting shields and a ladder to the top so Lucas can look out. Once finished all there is to do now is wait.

"So you guys have really fought one of these things before?" Max questions me and Steve. "Yep" I answer and Steve just nods. "And you're, like, totally, 100% sure it wasn't a bear?" She asks. Before either me or Steve could reply Dustin butts in. "Shit, don't be an idiot. Okay? It wasn't a bear. Why are you eve here if you don't believe us? Just go home" Dustin says sounding pissed. "Geesh, someone's cranky. Past your bedtime?" Max says while going up to the roof with Lucas. "That's good. Just show her you don't care" Steve says. "I don't" Dustin answers coldly. Steve winks at him, smirking. "Why are you winking, Steve? Stop" Dustin says back. Both me and Steve have each other a concerned look. After a while we can hear the growling coming from Dart. Running over to the windows looking out trying to find where the sound is coming from. "You see him?" Dustin asks. "No" Both Steve and I answer. "Lucas, what's going on?" Dustin asks. "Hold on! I've got eyes! Ten o'clock, ten o'clock!" Lucas yells when Dart comes into view. "There" I say pointing out the window, where Dart is standing. "What's he doing?" Dustin questions. "I don't know" Steve answers. "He's not taking the bait. Why is he not taking the bait?" Steve asks anxiously. "Maybe he's not hungry" Dustin says. "Maybe he's sick of cow" Steve says under his breath. "Steve?" Dustin says confused watching the older male go to grab his bat. "Steve, what the fuck are you doing?" I question watching him get closer to the door. He turns to us and says "Just get ready" throwing the lighter at me. He opens the door and steps out of the bus, all of us nervous watching his every move. He starts to whistle trying to get Darts attention, saying "Come in buddy." "What's he doing?" Max asks. "Expanding the menu" Dustin says. "Steve, watch out!" Lucas yells still on the top of the bus. "A little busy, here!" Steve yells back keeping his focus on Dart. "Three o'clock! Three o'clock!" Lucas yells. "Steve!" Dustin yells seeing what Lucas is talking about. Feeling the adrenaline run through my body and knowing Steve hasn't seen the pack of demodogs surrounding him. With out thinking as I see one try to attack Steve from the back. I run out of the bus with my switchblade and stab it before it can get to Steve. Doing this while yelling "It's my turn to save your ass!" Seeing that all the other start attacks too. Trying to keeps them back just to get enough time to run back to the bus. While all this is happening I can hear Dustin yelling the background "Shit! Steve, Y/N! Abort! Abort!" Running back inside the bus. "Are they rabid or something?" Max asks still seeming not to believe us. The demodogs start trying to break down the metal covering the bus. "They can't get in! They can't!" Lucas yells. After that sentence left his mouth they make a whole in the front door. Since i'm the closes I just start kicking. Trying to get them to stay outside. Steve is trying helping me, when we start to hear sound coming from the roof. Max starts screaming, Steve runs over to fight off the one that's trying to get in through the rooftop window. While i'm still trying to keep the ones over by the front door from getting in. "Out of the way! Out of the way! You want some? Come get this!" is all I can hear Steve yelling over all the screaming and screeching coming from what feels like everywhere. But all of the sudden it stops, going completely quiet. Steve comes over and helps me up so we can go outside to see what happened. Making our way outside of the bus seeing it completely empty their all gone. "Jezze" Steve says seeing all the damage they made. "What happened?" Lucas asks confused. "I don't know" Max answers just as confused. "Did you guys scare them off?" Dustin asks looking at me and Steve. "No" is all I can get to come out of my mouth at that moment. "No way. Their going somewhere" Steve says.

~ This chapter took longer for me to write but i hope you like it, also thank you for getting me over 700 reads ~