Chapter 30 The Mind Flayer

(Y/Ns pov)

After leaving the junkyard, walking the direction the demogorgons ran. While making our way back down the train tracks talking. "You're positive that was Dart?" Lucas asks. "Yes, he had the same exact yellow pattern on his butt" Dustin explains. "He was tiny two days ago" Max adds. "Well, he's molted three times already" Dustin says in a matter of fact way. "Molted?" Steve says confused. "Molted. He's shed his skin to make room for growth" I clarity. "When's he gonna molt again?" Max questions. "Its gotta be soon. When he does, he'll be fully grown, or close to it" Dustin says. "And so will his friend" I add. "Yeah, and he's gonna eat a lot more than just cats" Steve says. "What, a cat? Dart ate a cat?" Lucas asks confused and shocked. "No, what? No" Dustin says trying to play it off, but not very well. "What are you talking about? He ate Mews" Steve explains. "Mews? Who's Mews?" Max asks curious. "It's Dustin's cat" Steve answers. "Steve!" Dustin yells trying to stop him from spreading more information. "I knew it! You kept him! And you knew!" Lucas yells pointing at me. "No! No. No, I... no, I... he missed me he wanted to come home" Dustin says. "Bullshit!" Lucas yells. "We didn't know he was a demogorgon, okay?" Dustin yells back. "Oh, so now you admit it?" Lucas questions getting more angry. "Guys, who cares? We have to go" Max says trying to stop the fighting. "I care! You put the party in jeopardy! You both broke the rule of law!" Lucas yells at Dustin and I. "So did you!" Dustin yells back. "What?" Lucas says confused. "Shut up! You told someone who's not in the party the truth!" I yell at Lucas. "You guys wanted to tell her, too!" He yells back. "But we didn't, Lucas, okay?" Dustin yells. I get pulled away from our lovely heated conversation. By the sound of the demogorgons screeching in the distance. Walking over to where Steve is standing. We listen to the screeching together, while hearing them still arguing in the background. "Guys?" Steve calls to the others. Getting no response I yell "Guys!" Getting their attention finally, without all their yelling, we can hear the sounds more clearly. Simultaneously we all start walking towards it. Max stands there yelling at us. "No, no, no. Hey, guys why are you headed towards the sound? Hello? Hello? Shit."

After walking for awhile we end up at a small look out of the town. "I don't see him" Dustin says searching. "It's the lab" I say while pointing towards the large building that the horrible sounds are coming from. "They we're going back home" Lucas adds. Once decided that's where they went, we change directions and start making our way towards Hawkins lab.

Finally reaching our destination Steve and I walk out of the tree line. Only to hear "Steve, Y/N?!" Being able to see who said that, we see Jonathan, and Nancy standing there confused. "Nancy?", "Jonathan?" Steve and I say back just as confused. "What are you doing here?" Nancy questions us. "What are you doing here?" Steve questions back at them. "We're looking for Mike and Will" Nancy answers. "They're not in there, are they?" Dustin asks. "We're not sure" Nancy says. "Why?" Jonathan asks nervously. When all of the sudden we hear more horrible screaming. Hearing that we all run over to the front gate. Trying to open it but with no luck. After a couple minutes the gate suddenly opens. Jonathan and Nancy get back in Jonathan's car and head up to the building. While Steve, the kids and I stay back waiting. Waiting in the middle of the road until we hear and see. Tires burning speeding down the road, with their horns honking. "Look out!" Steve yells as we get out of the way of the cars. Hoppers truck pulls up in front of us. "Let's go!" He yells at us. We all start piling into the back of his truck. Once all inside he speeds off following Jonathan's car.

We end up at the Byers house, after hearing everything that happened. It put us all into a sad mood. Being completely exhausted and confused I just sat on the counter knees pulled up to my chest. Resting my head on them trying to clear out all of my thoughts. Not really paying to much attention to the small talk, or Hopper talking really loud on the phone. Sitting there in silence for awhile only being pulled out when Mike starts talking. "Did you guys know that Bob was the original founder of Hawkins AV? He petitioned the school to start it and everything. Then he had a found-raiser for equipment. Mr.Clarke learned everything from him pretty awesome, right?" As Mike said that I finally pull my head up looking at everyone in the room. After another minute he starts again. "We can't let him die in vain." "What do you want to do Mike? The chiefs right on this. We can't stop those demo-dogs on our own" Dustin admits. "Demo-dogs?" Max repeats confused. "Demogorgon. Dogs. Demo-dogs it's a play on words" Dustin explains. "Okay" Max says shutting him up. "I mean when it was just Dart, maybe..." Dustin says. "But there's an army now" Lucas adds. "Precisely" Dustin agrees. "His army" Mike says under his breath. "What do you mean?" Steve asks. "His army. Maybe if we stop him, we can stop his army, too" Mike explains.