Chapter 36 The sauna test

(The next day, Y/Ns pov)

Dustin's spying on the back door while we're working. He comes back with more information. "That keycard opens the door, but unfortunately, the Russian with the keycard also has a massive gun" Dustin says. "Whatever's in this room, whatever's in those boxes, they really don't want anybody finding it" He adds."But there's gotta be a way in" Robin says. "Well, you know... I could just take him out" Steve says. "Take who out?" Robin asks. "The Russian guard" Steve simplifies . "Oh, you mean you're going to take him out, so what were you thinking. A nice dinner, picnic, walk in the park?" I say trying to stop laughing. "What? No! I sneak up behind him, I knock him out, and I take his keycard. It's easy" Steve explains. "Did you not hear the lady about the massive gun?" Dustin questions. "Yes, Dustin, I did" Steve reply's. "And that's why I would be sneaking" Steve repeats. "Ah. Well, please, tell me this, and be honest have you ever actually won a fight?" Dustin questions. "Okay, that was one time" Steve starts before getting cut off. "Twice. Jonathan the year prior?" Dustin says. "Listen that doesn't count" Steve defends. "Why wouldn't it? Because it looks like he beat the shot out of you" I say with a witty tone. "It was..." Steve starts again before Dustin interrupts. "You got a fat lip, crooked nose, swollen eye, a lot of blood..." Dustin lists.

The guys continue arguing as I get distracted by something Robin said. "That just might work" she says before running to the front of the shop. "Robin?" I call after her, also getting the guy's attention. "Hey, Robin! Hey, what - what are you doing?" Steve asks following me following Robin. "I need cash" She says reaching her hand into our tip jar and taking all the bills. "Well some of that's ours" Steve says mentioning the cash. "Where are you going?" I ask. "To find a way into that room. A safe way. And in the meantime sling ice cream, behave, and don't get beat up. I'll be back in a jiff" She yells at us before running out of the store, and out of sight. "Oh, dude. Come on, man, not my scooper" Steve says taking his scoopers which Dustin's licking ice cream out of.

After a little while Robin returns and show us what she brought back. "It is fascinating what 20 bucks will get you at the county records office. Startcort mall, that complete blueprints" Robin says pulling out the map and laying it on the table. "Not bad" Dustin says. "So, this is us, scoops, and this is where we want to get" Robin points showing us in the map. "I mean, I don't really see a way in" Steve reply's. "There's not, if you're talking exclusively about doors" She explains. "Air ducts" Dustin said understanding. "Exactly. Turns out, this secret room needs air just like any other old room. And these air ducts lead all the way... here" Robin explains drawing a path, on the map. We all look over to our air duct, our way in.

Steve gets a ladder, taking of the cover so we can see inside. "Flashlight" He says I hand him the one i'm holding. "Thank you" Steve reply's. "Yeah. I don't know, man. I don't know if you can fit in here. It's like... super tight" Steve says coming down off the ladder. "Ill fit" Dustin says reassuringly. "Trust me. No collar bones remember" Dustin says getting up on the ladder. "Excuse me?" Robin says kinda freaked out, by Dustin's statement. "Oh, he's, uh... yeah, he's got some disease" Steve explains really confused about the words coming out of his mouth. "It's, like, Chry, uh something, Chrydo, i'm not sure how to say it" Steve just keeps going. "He's missing bones, and cartilage. He can bend a lot" I explain, in a simpler way. "Yeah, he can uh... bend like Gumbo" Steve adds. "You mean Gumby" Robin try's to correct him. "I'm pretty sure it's Gumbo" Steve reply's. "It's really not dude" I say. Our conversation getting interrupted by Dustin. "Steve, just shut up and push me!" He yells from the air duct. "Okay" Steve says going over to him pushing on his feet. "Not my feet, dumbass, push my ass" Dustin yells at Steve. "What?" Steve says in a confused tone. "Touch my butt! I don't care! Come on! Harder! Push harder!" Dustin yells. "I'm pushing!" Steve yells back not wanting to touch Dustin's butt. Meanwhile Robin, and I, are just standing back watching whatever the hell they think their doing. The show continues, "You're playing with my legs" Dustin says. "I'm not playing have terrible footing" Steve answers. "Come on!" Dustin yells again. "I'm gonna just shove you, ready?" Steve asks. "Just shove me?" Dustin reply's confused. "One, Two, ..." Steve counts down before shoving Dustin into the air duct. "Shit!" Dustin yells. "That's work?" Steve questions. "One more time" Dustin says. While this is still happening I hear a noise coming from the front of the shop. "Ahoy, sailors! All hands on deck! Ahoy!" Erica yells. Shes ringing that bell over and over again, while still yelling. "Get over here and serve me some samples" Eric's yells.